Where / How / What to start planning our Big Day? - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Senior Member meilingg is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hey Adele,

I'm also a 2012 bride. and We have already started planning early this year...
    No harm starting early... And heard next year alot of couples are getting married, so it's better to book the banquet hotel fast...

Junior Member joycekoh is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hihi I'm new too.. Thinking of having my wedding in 2012..

Junior Member liying887 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hellooo im new too!!!
    our plan is to ROM 2012 and wedding in early 2014
    so right now im thinking wad to plan for ROM hahhaaa

Moderator PerfectPixie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Welcome all new brides to be! haha its good to start planning early liying, if you can you should book your wedding banquet venue early as the prices are gonna increase as the years go by due to inflation, and by booking early you get to reserve the date you want too, enjoy the planning!

Junior Member adrikoh is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi babes! need some advice!
    i am planning for the chinese wedding in 2012. but at the moment we cant confirm the number of tables! how to book!? but base on previous experience from my hubby side brother took about 80 tables... anyone can help? or should i just book the venue first then decide on guest list when close to time??

Junior Member rayzzzz82 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    normally what is timeframe to plan beforehand

Member magicdust is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi girls, im also new here!
    so many things to prepare for the big day, and everything seems so overwhelming for me!

i think my big day is going to be in 2012, just that we havent even properly talked about our future. ive got my ring just 2 weeks ago.. and booked the photoshoot last week.

doesnt seem like in a usual chronological order. is there a chronological order that makes things seem less overwheming?

Junior Member june1985 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi, I holding my wedding next year Sept. I wanted to know for Pre-Wedding and Actual Day wedding package, how early should i book for the package? My HTB told me is too early to book now as there is still 1 and a half year.

Senior Member honeydew is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by adrikoh View Post
    i am planning for the chinese wedding in 2012. but at the moment we cant confirm the number of tables! how to book!? but base on previous experience from my hubby side brother took about 80 tables... anyone can help? or should i just book the venue first then decide on guest list when close to time??
    hey babe, you should decide on the guest list first. This will reduce your chances of having leftover tables or too little tables. 1 table can accomodate about 10 people, you can do a rough estimate of the number of guests you are inviting. Don't have to be precise as to the exact number of people, think of a good estimate of the number of relatives and friends and book from there!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by rayzzzz82 View Post
    normally what is timeframe to plan beforehand
    usually you should plan about 1 year to 1.5 years in advance. This includes booking of venue, bridal studio fittings and other coordination details.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by june1985 View Post
    Hi, I holding my wedding next year Sept. I wanted to know for Pre-Wedding and Actual Day wedding package, how early should i book for the package? My HTB told me is too early to book now as there is still 1 and a half year.
    hi june! 1.5 year in advance is quite a good time frame to book. You can have ample time to go down to bridal studios and see their gowns and which gowns suit you. If you are working, you will mostly only have weekday evenings and weekends to find gowns, so estimate about a few months to be able to find a boutique with gowns and package that you like.

After finding yr bridal studio, you will need to go for fittings and alterations, so that will take another 1-2 months. Then it will be pre-wedding photoshoot, which coordination and taking photos will take another 3 months +. So actually, 1.5 years is just nice, not too early.

Member Yanling is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by magicdust View Post
    hi girls, im also new here!
    so many things to prepare for the big day, and everything seems so overwhelming for me!

i think my big day is going to be in 2012, just that we havent even properly talked about our future. ive got my ring just 2 weeks ago.. and booked the photoshoot last week.

doesnt seem like in a usual chronological order. is there a chronological order that makes things seem less overwheming?
    Hi magicdust! planning a wedding can be quite alot of things to do.. just a general guideline of 'chronological order' that most of us go through:

1. Buy ring
    2. Book venue
    3. Sign package with bridal studio for prewedding photoshoot, actual day wedding items eg. photogrpaher
    4. Go for gown fitting - spare another 1-2 months for alterations / made to measure
    5. Take pre-wedding photoshoot
    6. Make DIY favors, ornaments (can skip this part if not DIY-ing)
    7. Coordinate with bridal studio on Actual Day details
    8. Coordinate with wedding venue on AD details
    9. Wedding!

If you hire a wedding planner, it will be slightly easier in the sense that they can coordinate and recommend all the vendors you need for you. Usually outdoor weddings require wedding planner for the decor. But of course if you like to plan your own wedding, you will have to find out about all these things yourself, like choosing bridal studio, photographer, wedding favours etc. The forum here is very useful in that way.

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by adrikoh View Post
    Hi Adrikoh, don't panic! no need to get the exact number of tables. alot of places allow you to book a room, that allows a range of tables. you can then "add" tables as you go along. for example, if you expect to have approx 80 tables like ur future bro-in-law, then you might want to book a venue that allows ~75-90 tables. that way you have quite some flexibility to play around with table numbers. hope tt helps.

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by june1985 View Post
    Hi june1985! it's definitely not too early! in fact, this is the ideal time ot start already! any later and it might get a little rushed. banquets can only be booked ~1.5 years in advance for most places (so that they can always earn from the yearl inflation, those smart hotels and restaurants.. humph). bridal studios can book waaaaaay ahead, most allow up to 5 years pre-wed bookings. and you gain alot by saving from the inflations. next year is a very popular yr, so booking early (like now) will save you up to 30%! yes, it is that ridiculous, i've followed a couple of bridal studio prices the past year, and they increased 20-40% of their price within a year!!! it's crazy!!! so alot of 2011 2012 brides who booked their studio 4-5 years back are laughing their heads off. >.<

Junior Member june1985 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by honeydew View Post
    hi june! 1.5 year in advance is quite a good time frame to book. You can have ample time to go down to bridal studios and see their gowns and which gowns suit you. If you are working, you will mostly only have weekday evenings and weekends to find gowns, so estimate about a few months to be able to find a boutique with gowns and package that you like.

After finding yr bridal studio, you will need to go for fittings and alterations, so that will take another 1-2 months. Then it will be pre-wedding photoshoot, which coordination and taking photos will take another 3 months +. So actually, 1.5 years is just nice, not too early.
    Haha.... Thanks Honeydew. I will tell that to my HTB. Book early also no harm lo.... Haha