Why are people who cancel their weddings persecuted?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Member msarajoy is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Why are people who cancel their weddings persecuted?

Why are people who cancel their weddings because they realise they are not ready or have not met 'the one' so persecuted? They are accused as being cowards but they are the brave ones who admit the decision is wrong instead of the cowards who continue with the wedding and then getting divorced later!! What do you think?

kpi
    Senior Member kpi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Depends on which stage of the of the wedding they are at.
    Imagine a guy who loves a girl so much and after the guy pay for everything and the gal ran away on her wedding day saying she was scared. Imagine the embarrassment and the guy who had to face the gal left such a big mess.

Weddings are not a joke! iImagine how would anyone feel if the person he or she loves just say they are not ready or have not met 'the one' and left the whole thing to the other party? In singapore, weddings cost a bomb the ring, the wedding dinner, the gown, the ROM, the photoshoot can easily land anyone in debt.

There is no such thing as ' the one' is just your fate to meet that someone that both are willing to compromise with.

I agree with the point of view that people who cancel their weddings are the brave ones who admit the decision is wrong instead of the cowards who continue with the wedding and then getting divorced later, but are this brave people willing to pay the price for their words?

Not only both of them need to pay money for a house they cannot have after they break up, they have to pay for everything. Please note that wedding dinner you need to pay in full if they cancel too near the wedding.

Talk is cheap action speaks louder, if you are really not ready please do not get marry, it will only cause pain and embarrassment to your family and the person who loves you.

Junior Member msarajoy is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yes I know what you mean and it is true - people need to think calmly and properly before they decide to get married but I'm afraid young people are not prone to do either when it comes to 'love'

I can tell you from first hand experience, no amount of money or embarassment lost over a last minute wedding cancellation can compensate for the misery of marrying the wrong person.

It's just money and a couple of months of embarassment. Compared to a lifetime of misery and abuse and potential children brought into the dysfunctional marriage.

I think the best is to think properly before deciding and booking anything but during the course of planning for the wedding if issues arise that make a person realise they will never be happily married to a certain set of values or mentality, then they should pull out of the wedding regardless of the cost and misery

Senior Member Mike1982 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    As such things are no play play matter, must think carefully before making the lifelong commitment.
    If not things can get really ugly and messy to clear.

kpi
    Senior Member kpi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by msarajoy View Post
    Yes I know what you mean and it is true - people need to think calmly and properly before they decide to get married but I'm afraid young people are not prone to do either when it comes to 'love'

I can tell you from first hand experience, no amount of money or embarassment lost over a last minute wedding cancellation can compensate for the misery of marrying the wrong person.

It's just money and a couple of months of embarassment. Compared to a lifetime of misery and abuse and potential children brought into the dysfunctional marriage.

I think the best is to think properly before deciding and booking anything but during the course of planning for the wedding if issues arise that make a person realise they will never be happily married to a certain set of values or mentality, then they should pull out of the wedding regardless of the cost and misery
    I will only agree your point of view if the person who realise that they will never be happily married pay for all the expense and embrassment of the fail wedding instead of running away.

I have seen brides to be run off with paying a single cent leaving the groom to be with the pain and suffering from all the losses.

If the person is brave enough to admit that she or he does not want to countinue with the wedding, he or she should be the one paying for the price for his or hers decision and not the person who loves the person so much and had to suffer the pain and embarrassment of a failed wedding.

I was there for my friend when his bride to be ran away by just SMS him saying she wants to call off the wedding. She switch off her hp and ran abroad without telling anyone. The embarrassment and his debt due to the wedding cause him so much pain that I found him seating on the ledge one day, saying life has no more meaning to him. Lucky we managed to save him. He sworn he will never get married cos he is worried that it will happen to him again.

Junior Member Lilly is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by msarajoy View Post
    Why are people who cancel their weddings because they realise they are not ready or have not met 'the one' so persecuted? They are accused as being cowards but they are the brave ones who admit the decision is wrong instead of the cowards who continue with the wedding and then getting divorced later!! What do you think?
    There are a couple of reasons: money, shame, disappointment. With a wedding everybody is involved - not just the couple. So it is a very serious matter.

But you are right. It is better to deal with the mess of cancelling a wedding than the even greater mess of divorcing later.

Member wallflowergirl is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Woah. then you should really think first before deciding to marry the person that you're with right now.

Senior Member emmaswan is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    wow... this is really a serious matter...

Member iamroyalty is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Learned a lot. Tnx guys!

Junior Member betsy is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I agree, they are brave.

Member darlingofthecrowd is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Woah. this is really something. :O

Member prettydresses is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    wow really?? this is both alarming and informative

Member darlingofthecrowd is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    First time hearing this.. It's a really serious matter I see.

Member creamandmallows is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    this sounds really scary

Member liciachai is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I think it is always the best to just cancel the wedding rather than getting a divorce later if both party feel that they are not ready or not "the one" When such issue happened, people will tend to become more judgmental without thinking in long run in their shoes if both of them get married despite knowing they're not each other "the one" To avoid such issue, get married when both party feel that they're ready to step into another phrase of their life.