Will you hire an interior designer?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member piggyval is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Will you hire an interior designer?

hi ladies, would any of you hire an interior designer to design your house? htb and i were thinking about getting one, but yet we are also thinking of doing up our house ourselves. But as we are pretty busy people, we're not sure if that's a good idea, especially if we don't have much design sense.

for yourselves personally, would you hire one?

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    yes! it would be best to do yourself, just because it would be more cost effective.. but as you said, it takes alot of time. so... pay for others to do it lor.

Member starryz is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yup I might, but maybe only for my bedroom hahas..cost about 30-40k if its the whole house..can't afford it yet >.<

Banned happyeveraftersg is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Are you on a budget or not? Not on a budget then go hire a good one cause that will make a load of difference to your home.

After doing research online and buying magzines like Home Decor I told myself must do at least a bit la.

Hire Contractors if you find IDs expensive. They can do a decent work but you design yourself.

Junior Member hkhimyeo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    We hired an ID. But she didn't really give us much interesting designs - boring feature wall, and toilet tiles.. Most of the designs were thought of by my hb. So it's better to find an ID who is really creative, else you're better off with a contractor..

Junior Member christina is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i most likely will hire. personally saw the interior design work that was done for my parents' new condo and it was really good. many friends and relatives loved the decor. wouldn't have been able to do it ourselves also.

like what hkhimyeo said, i agree that need to find really good one, otherwise if come out and the design looks like something that you can think of yourself, then that is not true interior design already.

Junior Member silver girl is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i really excited to do it myself, been researching for almost 1 month..and got a plenty ideas from online and magazines! but haven't find any lobang for a good contractor yet...

Senior Member tracylim is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Haha we share the same mindset silver I have the ideas on how I want my home to look like but I am not sure if I should still get an interior design or a contractor. I am afraid of the stress and the lots of time needed to tell the contractor exactly what I want and for fear of them messing up..yes i've heard of stories where the contractors did a messy job. Where else if get an interior designer, they will also handle the contractor and the furniture ordering right?

Junior Member endorphincrave is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i think nobody can do it as good as yourself. and most of all, it's free

Junior Member siewz15 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    my hubby would want to do the design himself and engage a contractor to do our house.. :P

Junior Member flyerkiss is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I guess it depends on how big scale the renovation work is.

If you intend to do a lot of things (hacking, flooring, feature wall, re-wiring, toliets etc), it will be better to engage an ID to oversee the entire project. If its a small scale (without any hacking, install cabinet, painting etc), perhaps you can look for a contractor or even DIY. Sometimes, it would be cheaper if you were to engage an ID vs. you spend your time sourcing for different contractors.

I bought a resale unit and there are lots of things to be done. After doing some research, we settled for an ID. =)

Senior Member astutekitty is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I may consider to hire an ID for my new home.

However, I will still browse through magazine to get some ideas ...

After gathered all the ideas ... I will then find ID to discuss on how my dream house should be and asked for their advice.

Currently, what I would like my future house to have secret storage spaces to keep all stuff but when you look around the house, you cant find these secret cupboards... hee hee

Anyone here thinking of renovating your home with black and white?

Will those black shinning surface cupboard collect dust? Like you can see them clearly lying on the surface ...

Member annabella is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    black and white for the whole house or just living room and kitchen?
    i could imagine my home with that but the rooms i would change colour scheme.
    Cos it would be a bit to harsh for the eyes after awhile in my opinion.

And yes, if it is black shining surface must clean regularly cos gt dust can see.

Member gypsy2000 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by astutekitty View Post
    I may consider to hire an ID for my new home.

However, I will still browse through magazine to get some ideas ...

After gathered all the ideas ... I will then find ID to discuss on how my dream house should be and asked for their advice.

Currently, what I would like my future house to have secret storage spaces to keep all stuff but when you look around the house, you cant find these secret cupboards... hee hee

Anyone here thinking of renovating your home with black and white?

Will those black shinning surface cupboard collect dust? Like you can see them clearly lying on the surface ...

Yes, the black shiny surfaces will collect dust, and it is very obvious after a few days.. that;s the thing about black or white surfaces acutally..

hope that helps.

Member meiphenglove is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    but black surfaces do give a classy feel. maybe jus giv it a wipe ocassionally lor. want classy look must pay abit of price. hahaha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast