Will you hire an interior designer? - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by astutekitty View Post
    I may consider to hire an ID for my new home.

However, I will still browse through magazine to get some ideas ...

After gathered all the ideas ... I will then find ID to discuss on how my dream house should be and asked for their advice.

Currently, what I would like my future house to have secret storage spaces to keep all stuff but when you look around the house, you cant find these secret cupboards... hee hee

Anyone here thinking of renovating your home with black and white?

Will those black shinning surface cupboard collect dust? Like you can see them clearly lying on the surface ...
    yes, those shiny black surfaces attract dust more than other surfaces. If you want black and white for a classy feel , you can consider using different kinds of materials that do not attract dust, but give the same feel. That would be better if you don't want the hassle of having to wipe your entire house day after day! It might be easy to think that you can do it regularly just as a sacrifice for a pretty home, but i think in the long run it wouldn't be efficient use of your time. best if you plan well and select something that looks good with minimal maintenance, coz that will be affecting the next 10 yrs of more of your life!

Junior Member leontan is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yes, I will hire because of the coordination works. We got friends doing it themselves...u got to prepare take lots of LEAVE.

Quote Originally Posted by piggyval View Post
    hi ladies, would any of you hire an interior designer to design your house? htb and i were thinking about getting one, but yet we are also thinking of doing up our house ourselves. But as we are pretty busy people, we're not sure if that's a good idea, especially if we don't have much design sense.

for yourselves personally, would you hire one?

Junior Member yumitan is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i would hire one, but i'll be very involved in giving ideas and actual sourcing of home products!

Member poohbeary is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hire can lah...but end up still to be v hands on, right? coz it's ur own house mah u'd want to be involved as much as u can...heheh

Junior Member YukiL33 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i'll hire one and get involve..

Senior Member pinnpinn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I will hire one! Plus one of my HTB's good friend is an interior designer! So gonna get him to design our house as the "wedding gift" haha

Junior Member hellcross is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I guess if you hire a designer it saves a lot of time. Even after you have a design in mind, you have to go to many places to look for those specific furniture..

Member kiteflyer is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    be your own ID, and hire a contractor instead. right now, you can find lots of ideas about interior designing in the internet, magazines, etc. just get your ideas from there. be awesome hehe

Junior Member eckatan is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i would probably hire one and get involve in giving ideas..

Junior Member blossoms is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I want to do it myself so that at least, I can give a personal touch to our own home because I took part in decorating the house.

Junior Member gazellev is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I think I won't hire an interior designer. It's added expense and I would want our home to be designed by me and my hubby. Gives it a personal touch.

Junior Member kisses is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    yes! it would be a great idea to do some collaboration with an expert interior designer. you can also share your ideas to your designer and i'm sure that designer will add some improvements to make your house design fantastic.

Junior Member Eren is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I did my own design and my contractor advised on its viability, whether it will look nice anot. I am not really artistically inclined, but I did do a lot of research online as well as visit a lot of IDs to talk and learn from them. The final product was something I can proudly call home because it has all the elements that I wanted in my house rather than just a nice looking house that an ID designed. Bonus is that the reno cost me less than 20k in total

Member oceanspace is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I guess I will. I'm not really an expert in decorating our home so I think I'm going to ask for some help.

Member pinkblue is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    we hired my husband's id friend. she's really helpful and our design became even better. so it's really a good idea to get one.