Will you marry your partner if he is jobless?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member angelwings is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Will you marry your partner if he is jobless?

Hi ladies, as title, if you love your partner very much but he is jobless, will you still marry him? Let's say he is jobless for quite a few months already but have a bit of savings, will you still want to marry him?

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i would say, it depends on why he is jobless? is it because he is waiting for the best job? fussy? economic downturn? unsure of his goals? too rich to bother?

if he has a very good reason(S) that he's jobless, i think it's ok. since wedding wouldn't be immediately after proposal, i might agree to the proposal but say that we will only hold the wedding when he is financiall stable -- i.e. hired.

Senior Member pinnpinn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I guess it depends? I think guys must really think, plan and calculate properly before popping the question. He wont want to make the girl suffer! Especially when he love her alot. My HTB told me that some of his friends didnt really plan/calculate properly; in the end, the girl always complain.

Have to think everything in the long run bah

Senior Member meilingg is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yup, i agreed. Depends on why he is jobless. And i believes he will be more motivated to get a job fast and stable down cos we are always standing beside him to give him motivation.

If he really loves the gal, he will know what to do...

Senior Member Ning87 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    It really depends on why he is jobless just like what the other girls are saying..

Marrying someone is a LIFELONG commitment. as long as u find a hardworking man and a honest guy, i think it should be okie. its a horror to realize that the man u are marrying is a lazy bum.... then die liao la..

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    If it is a lazy bum, i think the wife gonna suffer.
    I believes if the man really loves his wife, he will definitely put in loads of effort to get a stable job and let the wife have a sense of security. =)

Senior Member Ning87 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    always a nightmare to find out the man of ur dreams is a lazy bum.

like my fren's father.. let the mother work 2 jobs to support him.. wah lou.. somemore the mother already so old, still need to work as a cleaner in the hotel and at the office just to make life comfortable while the father sits at home all day and shake leg.. still command my fren always ask her go buy this and tt..

he always use his stroke as an excuse not to work or do anything.. he can walk and is mobile.. but always say pain la.. but when go drinking, he is perfectly fine.. i really pity my fren sometimes esp the mother.. working from 6am - 8pm sunday to friday.. sometimes she sat also work lor!! i canot imagine if this is me next time, ill kill my SO ah!!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    wah! that's really a nightmare!!!!
    Women really will have phobia if they married the wrong guy!

Junior Member lalaland is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I will marry my gf and make her a tai tai maybe migrate lo to NZ live comfortably. the bungalows in Auckland city areas there only about $350k-$400k sgd and they are 8x bigger than a 5rm hdb.

quite easy to see if the guy is a hardworking or lazy bum lol. During the courtship see whether he keeps complaining about work and see whether he got say anything like dont wish to work anymore. If the guy keeps complaining about it then maybe next time he may not want to work anymore.. but as wives, very important is must encourage and motivate the hubby lo.. encouraging words does bring the protective instinct out of some guys =p

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    wahahaha~ lalaland so rich wor!

hmm, i guess most people will tends to complain about their work to their other half quite often?

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
    I will marry my gf and make her a tai tai maybe migrate lo to NZ live comfortably. the bungalows in Auckland city areas there only about $350k-$400k sgd and they are 8x bigger than a 5rm hdb.

quite easy to see if the guy is a hardworking or lazy bum lol. During the courtship see whether he keeps complaining about work and see whether he got say anything like dont wish to work anymore. If the guy keeps complaining about it then maybe next time he may not want to work anymore.. but as wives, very important is must encourage and motivate the hubby lo.. encouraging words does bring the protective instinct out of some guys =p
    haha yes the landed bungalows in most suburban areas outside singapore are all super duper cheap! land is abundant mah.. i agree courtship is an impt part of knowing a person. if courtship too short or not extensive, might not see the true colors of a person. it's a give and take.. the guy must shower love/care/protection/security on the gal, the gal must respect/encourage/motivate/support the guy..

Member jazpy is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    totally agree. I definitely cant stand guys who live on their wives

Member dinobaby is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I think its a duty for husbands to provide for their wives. so if he is jobless he better be finding job or finding other ways to earn money..

Member jazpy is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I do agree that husbands have a duty to provide for their wives... however i think the wives should not be totally dependent on the hubby as well... Hubby should make sure that they can provide the basic needs for their wife and children before proposal (of coz the more the merrier) regardless of whether the wives need him to provide for her.... the guy must definitely earns more than their counterparts..... my 2 cents worth

Senior Member ladymarie is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    it depends if he is really looking for ways to look for a job... he has to support the family somehow