Will you wear your engagement ring and wedding band together after you marry?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member kimchoo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Will you wear your engagement ring and wedding band together after you marry?

Just wondering how many of you will wear both your engagement ring and wedding band together after you marry. Coz sometimes the engagement ring and wedding band design not the same, as in the engagement ring can be of a more "wavy" design while the wedding band is more "straight" and it will look very weird to wear together...
    But also very wasted if don't wear the engagement ring after marrying coz usually it's more expensive than the wedding bands...hahahaha
    What would you girls do?

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i chose a straighted/simpler design for the engagement ring so that i have the option of wearing them together. otherwise, there's always the option of wearing the rings on separate hands. that's what i intend to do, if i get a non-matching design for my wedding band. i resized my engagement ring such that it is right inbetween the sizes of my left-fourth and right-fourth fingers, so the ring can be worn on either hands! only wedding band must be worn on the left hand.

Member geraldineyap is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    some friends i know keeps their engagement rings only for special occasions like weddings, functions so on a regular basis, it is only their wedding bands that they wear. not sure if it's because of the design differences like you have mentioned or just a choice they have made. i would love to wear the engagement ring with the wedding band!

Senior Member PrincessCrystal is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i gonna wear it together although my engagement ring is the wave type. i choose a wedding band that can match my engagement ring. even if there seems to be 'holes' in between the engagement ring and wedding band, i still wear it. if not i will wear the engagement ring on my right fourth finger.

Senior Member pinnpinn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    initially I wanted to wear them together. But consider the fact that the "crown" of my engagement ring is much lower than the usual, wearing both together will leave a small gap in-between. And my wedding band will have diamonds anyway, so wearing both will give too much attention?

Member magicdust is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i'll wear my both rings on special occasions.
    for everyday wear, will be just the wedding band.
    i also chose a wedding band that complements my engagement solitaire.
    luckily my engagement ring is a typical solitaire, as when i bought my wedding band, the ring wasnt with me.
    hopefully by pairing the 2 together will look nice.
    else, will be either or. cant imagine myself wearing 2 rings on both hands. seems to get too much attention. i prefer to remain subtle! hee

Member kimchoo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hahaha! I took a little while to adjust to having the ring on my finger after he proposed! Hehe :P After a few months, I graduated to admiring the engagement rings on the fingers of other girls...! The wedding band for most people is definitely a lot more "humble" looking compared to most engagement rings which can really dazzle and blind! Hehe

Senior Member anniesfaith is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    No chance for me to wear both together. I will have to keep my engagement ring once I've got my wedding band.

Junior Member mijuzmiz is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i wear mine together... coz i had my wedding band design in such a way that it looks a pair to my proposal ring... something simpler to go for daily wear...

Senior Member cheesecake is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i didnt get to wear them together. Reason is because my engagement ring is a wave band, and never be able to match with any wedding band. My HTB bought the engagement band without thinking any of these factor i think. hahaha. But i love it.

Senior Member meilingg is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I will be wearing mine together since the design of the wedding band matches the proposal ring.

I think im used to wearing that proposal ring thus i find it abit wasted if after ROM and i only wear my wedding band and proposal ring lying safely at home, waiting till some occasion then gets to wear it...

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by meilingg View Post
    I will be wearing mine together since the design of the wedding band matches the proposal ring.

I think im used to wearing that proposal ring thus i find it abit wasted if after ROM and i only wear my wedding band and proposal ring lying safely at home, waiting till some occasion then gets to wear it...
    To me, engagement ring is a gift. A gift from your boyfriend, requesting you to marry him. So, it should be well kept. It is something precious. Now, im wearing it everyday.

Until the day i'm married, i will wear the wedding band, and will keep the engagement ring, and I will probably wear it on occasion.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    To me, engagement ring is a gift. A gift from your boyfriend, requesting you to marry him. So, it should be well kept. It is something precious. Now, im wearing it everyday.

Until the day i'm married, i will wear the wedding band, and will keep the engagement ring, and I will probably wear it on occasion.
    True also. depends on individuals bah. but by wearing both, it means i need to be more cautious and not spoilt it. haha.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by meilingg View Post
    True also. depends on individuals bah. but by wearing both, it means i need to be more cautious and not spoilt it. haha.
    That is very true. Luckily, my stone on my engagement ring is not those "pop-up" one. It's rather flat. So, it is easier.
    But after wearing for 3 to 4 months, my engagement ring is already obviously scratched everywhere.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I think mine also got scratches... but not so obvious i guess... or maybe i didn't look properly...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast