Will you wear your engagement ring and wedding band together after you marry? - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member mellowhearts is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    My wedding band and the engagement ring are different designs. The wedding band would be the straight across type while the engagement ring is the wavier design which really brings out the stone better and makes it look bigger than it is. Haha! I'm only wearing the wedding band now and the engagement ring has become something I wear only on special occasions. But can't help feeling it's a bit wasted coz it cost more than our pair of wedding bands! :P

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    yar, i agree with mellowhearts. the solitaire usually costs WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more than our wedding bands, yet we wear it so little. same goes for the 4 dian jin, pay so much and probably won't wear it more than a couple of times a year. Sometimes i wish my htb needs to attend many many functions, then can bring me along and i can wear all these jewelery, and then i wouldn't feel so bad buying them at all!

Member poohbeary is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hahahah! ya lor! if not like very wasted like that right? the ring so expensive then just keep at home ah? aiyoo!

Junior Member jeweled is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Nope. not for me! Cos i only got one ring. Multi-purpose. Haha. Kinda sad actually but no point having 2 rings when you only wear the other once in a while. And i'm really afraid that the diamond will drop off :S heard of scary stories before!

Junior Member basilboo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I'm wearing both my proposal ring and wedding band but that's because the latter is chosen to go with the proposal ring. If yours don't go together, then probably just wear the wedding band for everyday

Member kimchoo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    jeweled: Diamonds dropping off? Is it the diamond from the wedding band or the solitaire engagement ring that you've heard of? that is quite scary indeed!
    basilboo: yeah that's why quite hard to wear both rings together after marriage coz we didn't buy the designs to fit in together...the "wavy" design of the engagement ring meant the "straighter" wedding band wud look weird with it when worn together. "wavy" design wedding band oso happens to cost a lot more than the "straighter" one...haha

Senior Member poshberries is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi, my friend did. But for me personally, I will not wear it because it is very obstructing and quite eye-catching especially when your colleagues or someone keep asking & staring at your rings. Just my 2cents worth of comments. Hope this helps. Thanks!

Senior Member pinnpinn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I think I heard of diamonds from both solitaire and wedding bands dropped off. A friend of my friend realized her wedding band is one diamond short after doing housework! (just folding clothes fyi) But luckily she found it. Now im worried that my diamonds will drop off too. haha

Senior Member astutekitty is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Girls

There is no yes or no to wear both engagement ring and wedding band together. It actually depends on individuals.

For me, I will only wear them when I go out of the house. In the house, I don't see a need to wear it.

Of course, if you are going out to outdoor activities such as swimming, beach-ing ... etc, I would suggest not to wear them in case you mis-placed them.

Hmm I don't think the diamonds are easily dropped off from the ring, unless there is a great bang to it.

Junior Member basilboo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I agree with astutekitty. It all boils down to how comfortable you're. I'll even remove them in my office or when washing hands but that's pretty dangerous. I was even thinking of wearing them around my neck as pendants at one point. Just follow your heart, you'll know what suits you.

Diamonds falling off is probably an urban legend unless it's from a really bad shop with poor workmanship.

The novelty of people staring at your ring(s) is very shortlived, usually when you just got engaged/married. They'll move on to something else. But who cares, it's you who matter.

Member oceanspace is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I usually just wear my wedding ring but on special occasion or events, I get to wear it as jewelry because it's a simple silver ring with diamonds on it.

Member 0630han is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i'll like to wear both together. happen to chance upon a wedding band that goes nicely with the solitaire =)
    seems like the engagement ring design is a mismatch with many wedding bands designs... so that's kinda lucky to find "The One"
    if i didnt find "The One", i dont think i'll wear two rings.. seems so "loud" to wear so two rings when normally i dont wear accessories -_-|||

Member nellybel is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i will always wear my wedding ring but i'll only wear my engagement ring on special occasions or when I feel like it.

Member Prada is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I will wear both on my left 4th finger. with the diamond ring below and the wedding band on the top. It looks more shinier! hehe..

Junior Member blacklhilee is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    yes. my husband and i talked about it and we both agreed on it too.