Would it be better to hold ROM and actual day together or on different day?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Member charmainefang is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Would it be better to hold ROM and actual day together or on different day?

Hi All,

Cant decide if we should hold ROM on our anniversary or hold it together on the actual day.. Care to share some views?

Senior Member tracylim is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hey Charmaine, I am going to hold ROM at my church wedding. The banquet dinner will be the following evening. Quite a lot of brides hold ROM on the actual day right before the wedding dinner. It saves both time and money, don't have to rent the gown, MUA for 2 days. Your guests also do not have to travel to 2 different places as well.

Junior Member chinphek is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    For my case, may get the keys to the house before the dinner...so better to plan for ROM first ...

Junior Member kel2505 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Doing all in 1 day save cost and time but will be tiring.

Senior Member Ning87 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    we planning to split rom and wedding..

our plan is to hold ROM this yr or next then hold AD the next yr.. coz our flat is coming in 2013end or beginning of 2014.. we want at least 1 yr to save up after AD to cushion any loss of the AD..

also planning to hold ROM at a chalet and invite EVERYONE for a buffet and bbq so no need to invite so many ppl during our AD.. then no one will complain we never invite them. =P can save more tables during AD.. haha..

Member rainne is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hah Ning tat sounds a good and affordable way to save cost ^^ I shall learn from you and maybe do the same thing haha...maybe not a chalet but something similar. which chalet ya looking at lea..? Sg most chalets small small de only got 1 big one think its called aloha loyang.

Junior Member xfu5 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Thanks for the good advise.

Member celine is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i also think that doing both on the same day is more cost-friendly n time saving. u'll be tired, but at least you get it done with, and can settle other settling down matters thereafter.

Junior Member elisa1984 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    mine on different days. however it depends on the ppl

Junior Member pinkieberrie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i attended a couple's ROM n wedding on the same day and it seems rather packed. also the guests were left with nth to do for 1 hour during the break.

Junior Member koonie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hey! Well, maybe it depends on your budget (if you need to save costs...) and if you want to finish everything at one go or do it at a slower pace..

Senior Member astutekitty is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    My ROM and Banquet will be on the same day.

Morning -> Gatecrashing ... Tea Ceremony
    Afternoon -> Hotel Rest
    Early Evening -> ROM
    Late Evening -> Dinner

This helps to save money and min. hassle.

My ROM may be held 1 hour before the dinner comments or during the dinner. Your guests only trouble for a day and everything is settled within a day. Next day, you can slp the whole day. ^^

Senior Member Glitzger is on a distinguished road Glitzger's Avatar
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Am doing it separately too... ROM next year December and Banquet in Oct 2013... Doing it separately because I like the date of the ROM better (given by shifu) and it's more memorable.. Also, my personal view is that the ROM I can invite just family and close friends to witness this intimate event, mingle and celebrate together after that.. i will be relaxed and enjoying.. While the banquet is more like for the sake of parents...to allow all the relatives to gather and celebrate.. Likely i will be rushing around and be too tired (and busy downing alcohol from all the saboh-ing) to let my hair down and really enjoy myself...

Senior Member pinnpinn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi,

My ROM and Banquet will be on a different day. I guess there are alot of reasons why couple held in on a same day or different day. For my, the reasons are:
    1. HTB thinks its too rush to have everything on the same day. Will be too stressed etc etc
    2. Our ideal wedding is one that is casual, fuss free and laid back. Like a beach or outdoor wedding. We know it's impossible to do it on the actual banquet day because we will have ALOT of guests etc etc. Thus, having a separate ROM can kinda like make it possible for us to achieve what we want.
    3. Initial plan was to get a re-sale or private property, thus by ROM-ing first can make the whole process easier. Though the plan have changed, it doesnt really matter luh. (Anyway, getting married is not about bringing your r/s to another level, we dont need a paper to justify the love between us; it's just making it official. Ok, im getting out of topic here. Ha)

Yea. So I guess it varies. If you wanna save cost, you can have it all held on the same day. Having it separately can easily set u aside an additional $5k

Senior Member poshberries is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by charmainefang View Post
    Hi All,

Cant decide if we should hold ROM on our anniversary or hold it together on the actual day.. Care to share some views?
    Hi, I having my ROM & Wedding dinner together on the same day in Nov 2011. At 1st I thought it would be quite fun and can save some time. Now I started to think otherwise because it is giving me no time to rest after the morning session till my ROM before the commencing of the dinner in the night. Which means after the morning gatecrashing & tea ceremony, we need to rush to the hotel and get things done for the evening ROM without any rest and right after the ROM, we need to get changed and start to prepare for the cocktail and dinner. You may want to consider if you have not confirm having it on the same day, it is really very tough! Anyway this is a few cents worth of my personal thought, do give it a serious consideration dear! Hope this helps. Thanks!