Would it be better to hold ROM and actual day together or on different day?

pinnpinn

Hi everyone! :) Sounds like everyone is busily preparing for their weddings and hope you are all enjoying the process as much as you can. :)
Just joined in to share a little about my experience :) - About the arrangement of the ROM and AD on the same day or not, we were actually contemplating breaking it up into 2 days coz we felt it would be really tiring to be up at 5+ in the morning and then to have the day drag into way past 12 midnight.
But as some of you have said - It's double the cost to break this up into 2 days...So we decided to just hold it both on the same day. Haha :)
Was tiring but definitely well worth it. :)

Thats true, having it on different day will cost alot more. But consider having a dream ROM will be cheaper than having a dream wedding! Thats what me and my HTB thinks.

mellowhearts

Hahah you are right! Having a dream ROM will likely be cheaper than the dream wedding. :) important for you and your HTB to be on the same page on this very important step of your lives together. :)

bachelorette

Inactive Member
Mine was ROM first and 1yr later, the Chinese Traditional Wedding.

For me, better to have them separately.. cos too tiring already

retrodots

cannot imagine getting up at 5am just to do the hair and make up then go through one whole day till night time at 12+ or even later before i can crawl into bed...how many days wud i need after that to recover from the exhaustion? haha

pinnpinn

I guess thats why a lot of couples head for their honeymoon straight or a few days after their wedding? To recover from all the hectic-ness they go through during their big day. But I guess it's all worth well and enjoyable!

jc7884

holding ROM in another date from AD has its pros and cons.

Pros : you can plan something more special and meaningful coz you have more time and less haste.
Cons: Groom have to spend more $$$ (rental of gown, suits, venue, food, PG/VG etc...) this adds to a few $K..

candyrain

ya lor...i think separating into 2 days means more money but more time to plan things. just hv to decide based on what is important to u rite?

starryz

if AD is far from ROM, you know something might happen uhh which can set AD to many yrs later or no more lol

coffeetea

After my church solemnization is my wedding dinner. We opted to do it on the same day because it's easier to plan and easier for our guests to attend.

iamgracey

I'm actually very troubled over this issue now. House is coming soon therefore I was thinking of doing two separate events. ROM for immediate family and few close friends and a celebration the following year for everyone. Pros are, more money for photos, more time to save up and concentrate on the house first. Only thing is, there will be two dates to remember, and it doesn't really make sense because once I signed the cert, won't we already be married? So stress over this and scared I regret on whichever decision I make.

qinqing

I think it's better to do it on the same day so that you'll get to save time and the money that you need to come up will be fixed for the 2 events. also i think setting it on separate events might inconvenient the guests and what i'm afraid of putting it on different dates is that the guests might forget the second date.