Century Weddings Taiwan

missylis

Anyone heard of them? I recently paid a deposit of $200 for their wedding package which costs about $2688 for pre-wedding photoshoot. They said that taiwan shows feature them at the credits) and being one of the biggest in taiwan. Their roadshow was held in September 2010, at cineleisure ground floor. They said they were invited by the taiwan tourism representative in singapore to conduct the roadshow.

FYI, my package is as follows:
1x photobook - 12 x 18
Canvas photograph carved frame - 24 x 30
600 pieces photocards
CD rom of selected photos - 30 pieces
6 x bridal gowns and evening gowns
6 x groom's tuxedo
Photography team
Vehicle driver tips
Fashion designer tips

lycia

hey, i m sorryy to reply u late...
nice to meet u too.. hardly find ppl signin up wiith century-wedding...
i signed up on the oct..

my wedding package which costs about $2988 for pre-wedding photoshoot. i feel qutie ex $$. is like brain wash den i signed up.. haha

my package is :
1x photobook - 12 x 18
Canvas photograph carved frame - 20 x 24
20 pieces photocards
200 thank you card
CD rom of selected photos - 56-58 pieces
6-7 x bridal gowns and evening gowns
6-7 x groom's tuxedo
Photography team
Vehicle driver tips free
Fashion designer tips free

since ur is like better cos cheaper... u gothow many photos?

missylis

i m going on 8th of may... jus bought the ticket

did u view their website??

hi lycia, sorry for the late reply, was bz the past few days. :) yep i did view their website, their photos look nice too.

congrats that you're going so soon! who is your coordinator? did she communicate your itinerary with you and all the details via email?

this is what was written on my contract:
600 pieces photocards

think you got a better deal than me, yours is 50 photos in cd rom, mine is 30 only. =/ the canvas photograph carved frame, the size is 24 x 30, but i realise they didnt write the number of photos on the contract... couldn't remember how many they promised also, im hoping it's the 30 pictures that they will put in the cd rom. (cos it writes 'cd rom of selected photos) but it's quite confusing, i think i was also brain washed when i sign up hahahaha. XD

lycia

hey hey ^^

wa, ur is 600 pieces photocards is alot.... my is 20pcs only but i feel is so bo liao for the photocard and thank card, cos ppl take le oso throw away...

my coordinator is from joan to pi pi, how abt u??
when are u goin over for photoshooting?

do u know any place which is nice and good?

by the way, tml 25th feb to 27th feb they are at expo...

hi lycia, sorry for the late reply, was bz the past few days. :) yep i did view their website, their photos look nice too.

congrats that you're going so soon! who is your coordinator? did she communicate your itinerary with you and all the details via email?

this is what was written on my contract:
600 pieces photocards

think you got a better deal than me, yours is 50 photos in cd rom, mine is 30 only. =/ the canvas photograph carved frame, the size is 24 x 30, but i realise they didnt write the number of photos on the contract... couldn't remember how many they promised also, im hoping it's the 30 pictures that they will put in the cd rom. (cos it writes 'cd rom of selected photos) but it's quite confusing, i think i was also brain washed when i sign up hahahaha. XD

missylis

haha at least they gave you discount off the package right? that time when i signed, i didnt think much about what i needed, should have gotten less photocards then get discount instead haha, you made a smart move i would say. :)

i signed last sept, probably going in 1 year's time, so haven't fully prepared yet. coming to 1 year then i'll be making my photog decision i guess. You mean they give you photographers to choose from? They didnt mention to me when i signed up that we can choose photogs. I can't remember my coordinator's name, will check it when i get home. :)

for places to go, i also have not been to taiwan before haha, but they did mention that they will bring us to shi lin for those street food and some other scenic places. did they confirm your itinerary with you?

lycia

haha, i didnt know u will reply tat fast... if not i will wait for ur reply... hee

they give me 'mei ling' photographer cos they mention tat she is a good photographer... how true i dunno... haha

i like one of their photographer but they said he is no longer workin over there.. :( somehow i think tat, i got cheated.. haha

they haven cfm my itinerary...
by the way, ur itinerary mean? eg: day1 do wat etc??

ur package is how many day de?

missylis

did you see her photography portfolio of the shots that she took? hopefully they can provide, cos it's impt to see the kind shots that the 'new' photographer will be taking.

yep, itinerary is where you will be going during your trip. they told me that nearing the dates, communication via email will be made to confirm stuff like itinerary, coordinator etc.

my package is 3 day i think, first day choose gown etc, 2nd day shoot, 3rd day go home lol. probably will extend my trip when im there, take it as a mini pre-wedding honeymoon hehe. :p will you be extending your trip lycia?

lycia

yes, total day in tw is 6days...

itinerary is 1day choose grow, 2nd takephoto, 3rd day go choose photo, 4day go see the effect... den the rest is go shopping or etc le.. but i dun have the itinerary of where to take the photo cos they said have to discuss with the photographer..

do u have any fren tat know the route and how they plan?? or anyone have the same package as us?? ^^

missylis

there are other brides in this forum who are going taiwan for their pre-wed photoshoot also, eg from naza, romantic life and more. Some of them will be going in march so when they are back can find out from them. :) otherwise for our exact route will probably have to wait for century wedding's reply le. :)

oh btw how much did you pay for your ticket and which airline are you going with? :wub:

lycia

for my airticket is $824 for 2 pax, jetstar.

do u know actual items tat we need to bring over to tw?

missylis

dou know tat century-wedding have abt ~ 6 company with diff name....??

whoa, i didnt know that... what are the company names?

wow your air tickets are pretty cheap, got some brides paid $1k+ per pax to taiwan. i think try not to bring so many things so that your luggage will have space to bring home some items, so that you can save on courier for stuff like the large photo frames and album. most of the things they should provide there, like make up and ampoules, if you are buying from them. :)

lycia

whoa, i didnt know that... what are the company names?

wow your air tickets are pretty cheap, got some brides paid $1k+ per pax to taiwan. i think try not to bring so many things so that your luggage will have space to bring home some items, so that you can save on courier for stuff like the large photo frames and album. most of the things they should provide there, like make up and ampoules, if you are buying from them. :)

willl u buy face ampoules from them? do u know how much normally outside sell?
ya lor, go there try not to buy alot of things,.,..
but the photo album they will bring to singpore when they come... so i no need spent so much $$ on tat... ^^ for the frames i not so sure... haha

missylis

yea will probably buy from them since they have it there. won't need to hassle to buy it in singapore then have to bring the ampoules in the luggage lol. i saw ampoules in singapore selling between $25 - $50 per tube, i think century wedding is selling around that price also.

have to check whether the frames will be transported by courier, and confirm the cost also. :) wa like that they have to carry so many brides' photo albums back haha.

lycia

haha.... ya lor, they have to carry for many albums to singapore...

the ampoules , century wedding sell $50 per tube..

missylis

haha.... ya lor, they have to carry for many albums to singapore...

the ampoules , century wedding sell $50 per tube..

hm then that's pretty expensive. considering that we don't know what type of ampoule they are using, and what brand. i know of some places that sell ampoules and it's around $50+ for 40ml tube, places like Face Shop. but i never experience photography before, so i'm not sure if their ampoule is better for photography where there has to be harsh lighting. later i buy in Sg then go there cannot use lol.

btw do you know how much they charge for extra photos top up? :)