Are you waiting for BTOs in mature estates?

angelwings

HDB said that they will be releasing more flats in mature estates, will you brides be waiting for that? currently the HDBs awaiting release are in quite far off places, me and my bf are waiting for the flats in places like clementi and toa payoh..

but i think they will only release next year, cant imagine another 3+ years of waiting before we can finally get our flat. :unsure:

rojak

HDB said that they will be releasing more flats in mature estates, will you brides be waiting for that? currently the HDBs awaiting release are in quite far off places, me and my bf are waiting for the flats in places like clementi and toa payoh..

but i think they will only release next year, cant imagine another 3+ years of waiting before we can finally get our flat. :unsure:

i would also love to get some at mature estates, nearer my place too. they did release a list of potential mature estates where they might release from next yr onwards, but i don't remember seeing clementi and TP. that said, you can still look forward to the DBSS at clementi, if you don't mind the exhorbitant prices for dbss

zenny

amk one coming next month, but it's 3 room only. quite a trade off, location for size. quite hard to choose, i want the location but i want the size also, haha. nowadays the 3 room is toooo small!

angelwings

hi zenny, i'm looking at the amk one also, but olny 3 room available. i expect the price to be about $300-$400 k? which i find expensive now, but i also found dawson place expensive last time but comparing to now i think it's so worth it! sigh, dont know when the prices will come down.. it keeps going up!

Kailing

mature estates not necessarily good, i see that ang mo kio one which is coming up, only 3 room available. sigh, guess it's the outskirts which have more units

rojak

normally how long do they take after the BTO launch then announce the balance flats?

trhe balance flats are released on a regular basis (~twice a year). it doesn't depend on how long after the BTO has been launched, but are all the flats that are left and not taken. meaning it has to be a BTO that has already completed the selection process for all the applicants that were given a number..

Jtanggz

Not waiting . Mature estate price will appreciate but not as fast as the deflation rate so the value will drop. Whereby non mature state has higher appreciation rate ( as the extreme low value it has currently due to lack of facilities nearby)

And example

Tpy estate now priced at 800k resale price in mature state , 10 years down, it will be around 900 k ( estimation )

Whereby if you get one at punggol waterfront right now

Priced at 300-400k resale price , but with lack of facilities , 10 years down the road when punggol end is done and the interchange is done up, with movie facilities and everything up, it will become the next tampines , price will go up to around 600k .

So in the end , if you choose non mature state like punggol water front now , you will get 100k more appreciation price in 10 years time than tpy estate .