Is your house ready before you marry?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Junior Member moonlove is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Is your house ready before you marry?

hello brides, do you and your fiance have your house ready before you marry? Or you will apply for BTO / buy new house only after you marry? Nowadays the time needed for BTO flats to be built is about 4 years, those who are getting married now, did you apply for your flat 4 years ago or buying now?

Thanks for all the input!

Member airmeli is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I will be staying in rented house because my BTO will be ready only on 2015. But inside news is it will be ready by 3rd quarter of 2013. In addition, my htb is Malaysian. Currently, we dun have HDB to stay so renting house is the best choice.

Senior Member poshberries is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Nope, mine will be only ready even after 2yrs later I get married, which is by at least Q3 2014. Hopefully before Q3 I will have the flat ready so that renovation can start to take place then I can move in by Q4 or Q1 2015.

Junior Member violet is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i thought once the bidding is successful you have to present your ROM cert? is it can buy first and present ROM cert later?

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    noooo... don't have i will be getting married october this yr, but we haven't even applied for any house! we intend to get BTO because it's the best value for money.. resale you have more choices but really the prices don't justify what you get in return. trying out our luck at the west-side BTOs.. not that many to choose from actually.. but the good thing is we'll be out of singapore for a couple of years after the wedding, so hopefully the house (assuming we successfully bid for it) will be ready by then!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by violet View Post
    i thought once the bidding is successful you have to present your ROM cert? is it can buy first and present ROM cert later?
    nope you need to be officially married only within 6 months of receiving the house keys.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by rojak View Post
    nope you need to be officially married only within 6 months of receiving the house keys.
    I heard that too. Some I am not so in a hurry to get married.

Member starryz is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I just read the news today that Jurong lakeside area is going to be developed into another "CBD" and that more BTO flats will be released in that area soon. Is anyone looking to buy a house from there? i think the prices are gonna rise in the next 10 years.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by starryz View Post
    I just read the news today that Jurong lakeside area is going to be developed into another "CBD" and that more BTO flats will be released in that area soon. Is anyone looking to buy a house from there? i think the prices are gonna rise in the next 10 years.
    I think Jurong air got chocolate smell so I did not get houses from there. But it would be great for people staying there.

Member starryz is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hahas yea I remember stepping out of boon lay mrt has the strong choco smell. How i wish HDBs go back to the old system where we can just walk in and pay for a flat without having to wait 4 years.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by starryz View Post
    hahas yea I remember stepping out of boon lay mrt has the strong choco smell. How i wish HDBs go back to the old system where we can just walk in and pay for a flat without having to wait 4 years.
    I wish too. Years ago, this can still be done.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    the smell is only strong in certain parts of jurong.. i know for sure the Jurong birdpark area can smell super strong.. but lakeside is actually quite ok.. so it really depends on where the BTO is going to be.

Member iamblackwitch is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I actually apply for my HDB first.. then when my flat start building we plan for wedding. So now hoping the hse will be ready by the time we wedd...

Member spring_tomorrow is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    we are staying with the parents and will be looking for a resale flat after the wedding as my HTB is not a Singaporean. With housing prices still fluctuating on the high end, we are really hesitant about buying it now or later

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    My HTB is also not Singaporean. He just got his PR few years back. For me, we will be staying in a rented apartment for a time being.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast