Is your house ready before you marry? - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member iamblackwitch is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Ladies, the prices of HDB will never drop... so if u really want to get a place to be caleed your own.. i suggest to do it fast.. but of course.. it is gonna be tough bcos of $$ issue...

Member airmeli is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I just sign my letter of agreement...

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Congrats airmeli... now it's a matter of time.. =)

Member spring_tomorrow is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by airmeli View Post
    My HTB is also not Singaporean. He just got his PR few years back. For me, we will be staying in a rented apartment for a time being.
    That's what we are considering to do too at least until my HTB gets his PR then probably can consider a new flat which will be more affordable. Are you looking out for a new place?

Member airmeli is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    This also means I will be in debt soon...

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by airmeli View Post
    This also means I will be in debt soon...
    We all do.. going to be in debt for te next most probaly 30 years... oh well.. life of Singaporean...

Member Floren is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by spring_tomorrow View Post
    That's what we are considering to do too at least until my HTB gets his PR then probably can consider a new flat which will be more affordable. Are you looking out for a new place?
    Actually these days new flats are not necessary more affordable than the reseller market. A new 5 room HDB cost about $350-$390k in areas such as Bukit Panjang, Yishun etc and a fully renovated 2nd hand 5rm flat also cost about $400k and they are in more convenient areas. HTB and I are considering getting a 2nd hand flat as we see all the new flats being built in areas that are not convenient or near the main roads.

Senior Member meilingg is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Will be staying with in-laws when i got married next year.
    Now waiting for Jurong BTO or DBSS which going to be launch this year...

Junior Member Anthenis is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I am getting married mid of next year and house is not ready till end 2013. plans to stay with my parents at the meantime but not sure if renting a unit will be better? the problem is my room is not that spacious....wonder about the bridal bed,etc as it will be at my place.then AD how?
    any one can advise?

Moderator PerfectPixie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Meilingg, the news just announced Jurong BTO was announced last night Its at Boon Lay though, are you looking to bid for this BTO? More details on the Boon Lay BTO here. For the next few months, there will not be any Jurong BTO.

Anthenis, congrats on your upcoming wedding! There are pros and cons to both ideas, renting a whole unit is not a bad idea if you can afford it, staying with parents can save on the rentals but it would be good to check if your SO is comfortable with it as well.

Junior Member Ginnybeanie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthenis View Post
    I am getting married mid of next year and house is not ready till end 2013. plans to stay with my parents at the meantime but not sure if renting a unit will be better? the problem is my room is not that spacious....wonder about the bridal bed,etc as it will be at my place.then AD how?
    any one can advise?
    hey anthenis, i think staying with parents is becoming a common option for newly weds nowadays, i myself will be staying with hubby's parents after marriage until BTO complete. Renting a unit will increase your expenses by a few thousand a month. Especially after spending on wedding, it's going to be tough on finances if you rent a place. Nowadays rental not cheap.

Senior Member astutekitty is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Girls & Boys (if any)

I had also applied for BTOs last Oct and after several attempts ... finally I got a flat.

However, we will need to wait for it to build -.- at least 3 years after our marriage.

I would suggest those who would like to apply for housing ... please apply soon. Prices keep going up Up UP~

Moderator PerfectPixie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Ya election coming, best time to buy is right now haha. 4 more BTOs gonna be released for next month.

Junior Member Sindysee is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    have alrdy gotten a place since end of last yr, expected to be ready by end 2013. but havent made any wedding plans actually. haha. taking it easy i guess.

Senior Member astutekitty is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Sindysee, you have to hurry up to plan for your wedding ... price of banquet and bridal packages are increasing ...

Plan and decide early to get the date you want and settle them early, hence you will not rush them last minute ...

You may refer to this section "Singapore Brides Discussions, Bridal Boutique Reviews" for more information ... Happy planning ...