Is your house ready before you marry? - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectPixie View Post
    Ya election coming, best time to buy is right now haha. 4 more BTOs gonna be released for next month.
    i will vote for someone who can help to lower the prices of new housing!! =P

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by meilingg View Post
    Will be staying with in-laws when i got married next year.
    Now waiting for Jurong BTO or DBSS which going to be launch this year...
    There's a Jurong BTO now.. some DBSS and EC coming up in the next couple of months too. I'm looking out for housing options in the west too!! don't want to move to the east.. it's sooooo faaaaaaaaaaar >.<

Senior Member meilingg is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yup yup, I heard about the Jurong BTO, anyone applying???

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Floren View Post
    Actually these days new flats are not necessary more affordable than the reseller market. A new 5 room HDB cost about $350-$390k in areas such as Bukit Panjang, Yishun etc and a fully renovated 2nd hand 5rm flat also cost about $400k and they are in more convenient areas. HTB and I are considering getting a 2nd hand flat as we see all the new flats being built in areas that are not convenient or near the main roads.
    I agree that the prices don't differ that much for some. also considering that the new flats are getting tinier and tinier, a new 5-room has the equivalent size of an old 4-room. that said, there are second hand flats in prime areas that go beyond 700k.. it's crazy!! new flats as well.. so paying the same price for a similar type of flat, just that one is new (and must wait) and one is old. if can afford to wait, i still think the new one is better, coz you don't have to worry about the condition of the flat. sometimes it's very hard to gauge how the family before you took care of the house.. you don't really want to discover problems with the house only months after you move in. Also, a resale flat would mean additional renovation costs. even if the flat is in good condition, some things like toilets definitely have to change. Further, if the flats are in good condition (e.g. just renovated), the sellers will take that as a selling point and ask for a higher COV. last thing to consider is the price you can sell your flat in a few yrs' time. if the flat is new when you purchased it, it will be 5 yrs old when you first can sell it -- very good age to sell. If, on the other hand, you purchased a resale flat (earliest 5 years), then by the time you can sell, it will be at least 10 years old. the price of the flat would not be as good as a 5 year old flat. lots of things ot calculate.. >.<

Junior Member MichT is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I ROMed first while waiting for the completion for my resale flat. Banquet would be later.

Junior Member Eelin10 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi All, how many times have you guys applied before u get a BTO? I am thinking whether to get my house first before the actual wedding or wedding first than wait for the BTO to be ready.

The biggest problem is my htb stay with his mum in a 1 bedroom which I feel very uncomfortable... No private space. I thought of getting resale but my htb dun want. Haiz... It's so troublesome to get married..

Senior Member tracylim is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Eelin, when is your wedding? BTO can take about 3-4 yrs before its completed, best to at least apply for it first ba. Otherwise after marry le it will be quite weird to live with mother in law in the same bedroom

Member airmeli is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Eelin: BTO takes 3 - 4 years to complete. I would feel that it is better for u to BTO before marriage if not rent a room outside....

Member rainne is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Renting just a room would feel kinda no privacy cos living with other families, rather live with own family lol. but yet renting the whole flat is very expensive which is almost equivalent to montlhy installments. best bet is to apply for BTO first.

Member airmeli is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    What I mean is applying a BTO is better but in the meantime stay outside. However, I believe your hubby will not do that.

Junior Member sagis is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Looking for a resale flat. Hope to have flat ready before wedding. Renting whole flat too expensive and renting room not comfortable.

Junior Member Eelin10 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi All, thanks for the advice... I was thinking of applying a BTO first but it sound like it is quite difficult to get one. So I m kind of worried...

Does anyone of you know if it might be easier to get a five room or a four room? I am thinking of getting the one Tamp but am thinking it will most likely be very popular and expensive...

Getting a resale would mean I would have to pay a COV which I heard is very high right?

Junior Member beautillusion is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I applied for a flat, and it will be done prob mid or end next year. Now thinking whether able to delay the collection of house keys cos intending to hold wedding in 2013 instead...

Senior Member tracylim is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Eelin10 View Post
    Does anyone of you know if it might be easier to get a five room or a four room? I am thinking of getting the one Tamp but am thinking it will most likely be very popular and expensive...

Getting a resale would mean I would have to pay a COV which I heard is very high right?
    That depends on how many people bid for the 4 rm and 5 rms but generally 4rm flats are the most popular in SG so they are actually harder to get. 3rms might be easier I think. COV has dropped down to about 20-25k now so it isnt too bad. If you look at the resale prices you may be surprised that in certain estates the resale flats are either same price or cheaper than BTO.

Member annabella is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    interesting useful info, thanks alot!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast