Z Wedding Design - Brides Chat - Page 9
    
 
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 599
  1. #121
    Junior Member Tankl is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    24
    Perfect Points
    30.5
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by christynntan View Post
    wow! $115 is so ex! Mine is only $40 per photo at La belle couture. I wanted to try Z wedding initially as the gown from the webbie is fabulous. But the sales person was v pushy when my sis and I were outside their shop looking at the photo display and ask who is the one can make decision and she dont allow us to try the gowns first before deciding whether to choose them
    how come La belle bride will pay attention to Z's forum and give bad comments???
    Don't make us feel bad please, $40 is really cheap compare to $85 CL charge and it make me feel heart paint by not doing a lot of home work and signed up with Z and CL package, I thought $85 is reasonable didn't know there are BS offer $45 cheaper, anyone know any place offer cheaper than that? Do they really have a different studio setting as compare to other studio? I was told by my friends it is very different and may be that explain why the price is higher. Worth it???

  2. #122
    Junior Member adelchow is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4
    Perfect Points
    4.8
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi everyone,
    Just went for my first appointment with z wedding last week; didn't manage to confirm any gowns so am going back again tomorrow to confirm everything. Was kinda disappointed when I found out that they only do night photography at an additional charge? Reason being that we'll have to wait till 8pm for the sky to turn completely dark and all the lights to come out. Plus after taking photos for the entire day, our smiles will be frozen/stiff, so it's not recommended. Anybody took their night photography care to share your experience? (: Service-wise, I think it's only so-so, they definitely don't try to go out of their way to help you; very firm on their stand too and not willing to concede to some of our requests. But I wouldn't say they're very bad lah; at least they try to make small-talk to make you comfortable and I'll say their photos turn out beautiful! Can anyone recommend a good MUA or photography too?

  3. #123
    Junior Member joy27 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8
    Perfect Points
    15.4
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by jesscml View Post
    Hi Joy27,

    I will be going for my fitting this weekday and taking my photos next week! Guess I'm just a step behind you, hee.. I just had my trial make up last sat as well. Who is your MUA? Mine is Lanice, quite a nice lady and very friendly She mentioned the same thing as your MUA ie. accessories will be her own and if I want to bring mine is ok as well...

    So have you decided on your outdoor venues? Does the photographer advise or recommend any venues for the couples? Thought they may have some ideas of certain style of gowns which will go well with certain outdoor shots... One of my outdoor gown is cheongsam design so thinking of some chinese architectural background.. ;)

    Anyway, hope u have fun during your Photo shoot and do keep us updated!
    Hello Jesscml,

    How was your photo selection?

    In my opinion, the photos didn't turn out as beautiful as i wish for them to be. Maybe because I am those kind who is very fussy about photos. ie, humans cannot be too small, background cannot have additional "ugly/ not suitable" items, our pose - the angle must be right, correct lightings, colour combination must be good, gown and hair must not be out of place, etc. So in the end, we didn't have a hard time eliminating. My fiance and myself are willing to pay for the photos..however, many aren't that well taken, so we didn't have to top up much.

    Overall, the photo selection process wasn't that pleasent, mainly because the photos weren't up to our standard. My fiance wasn't that picky, so he left the decisions to me. I eliminate photos easily, the feeling was kind of sad as i eliminate. The Chris Ling staff was shocked by my reactions to the photos as she mentioned that they were well taken and that we looked really natural. She didn't pressure us to buy as we explained to her the reasons why each photo was eliminated. She gave us the "ridiculous look". She wasn't happy prob becoz of her sales, but who can blame her? She is probably use to selling photos and getting thousands for each sale.

    She told us that the couple before us had spent $8000 on top of their package for their photos! i wonder if their photos are really that fantastic? Or perhaps they had engaged Chris Ling himself to take the photos. We sort of regretted that we didn't pay extra to get Chris to do the job instead. But anyways, my friends told me that photos are just photos, so once the wedding is over, it will be chuck to one side. that's just our consolation. Anyways, to be fair to CL studio and Z'wedding, the photos are VERY ACCEPTABLE, it is just that i consider myself to be very picky. Those 30 plus that we selected are still pretty decent, which means we look great and is the best of the lot. Just that we thought we could have more of such photos. One word of advice, if you are able to, do pay more to get a really good photographer!


    So Jesscml, when's the next time you will be going down to look at your album?

  4. #124
    Junior Member joy27 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8
    Perfect Points
    15.4
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by adelchow View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Just went for my first appointment with z wedding last week; didn't manage to confirm any gowns so am going back again tomorrow to confirm everything. Was kinda disappointed when I found out that they only do night photography at an additional charge? Reason being that we'll have to wait till 8pm for the sky to turn completely dark and all the lights to come out. Plus after taking photos for the entire day, our smiles will be frozen/stiff, so it's not recommended. Anybody took their night photography care to share your experience? (: Service-wise, I think it's only so-so, they definitely don't try to go out of their way to help you; very firm on their stand too and not willing to concede to some of our requests. But I wouldn't say they're very bad lah; at least they try to make small-talk to make you comfortable and I'll say their photos turn out beautiful! Can anyone recommend a good MUA or photography too?
    I think the lady there - Irene is awesome! she is very professional and good. highly recommended!!

  5. #125
    Member shipei is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    47
    Perfect Points
    30.1
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi ladies,

    Anyone knows when would the new stock of gowns arrive?

  6. #126
    Junior Member jesscml is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    9
    Perfect Points
    19.7
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by joy27 View Post
    Hello Jesscml,

    How was your photo selection?

    In my opinion, the photos didn't turn out as beautiful as i wish for them to be. Maybe because I am those kind who is very fussy about photos. ie, humans cannot be too small, background cannot have additional "ugly/ not suitable" items, our pose - the angle must be right, correct lightings, colour combination must be good, gown and hair must not be out of place, etc. So in the end, we didn't have a hard time eliminating. My fiance and myself are willing to pay for the photos..however, many aren't that well taken, so we didn't have to top up much.

    Overall, the photo selection process wasn't that pleasent, mainly because the photos weren't up to our standard. My fiance wasn't that picky, so he left the decisions to me. I eliminate photos easily, the feeling was kind of sad as i eliminate. The Chris Ling staff was shocked by my reactions to the photos as she mentioned that they were well taken and that we looked really natural. She didn't pressure us to buy as we explained to her the reasons why each photo was eliminated. She gave us the "ridiculous look". She wasn't happy prob becoz of her sales, but who can blame her? She is probably use to selling photos and getting thousands for each sale.

    She told us that the couple before us had spent $8000 on top of their package for their photos! i wonder if their photos are really that fantastic? Or perhaps they had engaged Chris Ling himself to take the photos. We sort of regretted that we didn't pay extra to get Chris to do the job instead. But anyways, my friends told me that photos are just photos, so once the wedding is over, it will be chuck to one side. that's just our consolation. Anyways, to be fair to CL studio and Z'wedding, the photos are VERY ACCEPTABLE, it is just that i consider myself to be very picky. Those 30 plus that we selected are still pretty decent, which means we look great and is the best of the lot. Just that we thought we could have more of such photos. One word of advice, if you are able to, do pay more to get a really good photographer!


    So Jesscml, when's the next time you will be going down to look at your album?

    Hi Joy27,

    Kinda agree with u! We went down to select our photos already. Overall we feel the photos are ok lah, not the "wow" type of expectation. Guess their marketing tactics are like what my gal frenz mentioned to me... ie. taking series of photos lor.. so if we only like 2 out of 5 photos of that particular series, we need to choose at least min. 3 for digital layout which means we need to include 1 from those we do not really like. Hence by default, adding photos which we can actually leave out but no choice have to take because we wanted digital layout!! And the way they group the series is sometimes kinda rigid and restrictive coz to me if same venue and same costume means 1 similar series but they keep insisting the series are group by poses or "storyline" so again we need to include 2-3 photos coz cannot combine series even though we r ok with the mix of poses of same venue and same costume...

    And yes, there are photos which we felt our expression and poses are weird or awkward but they were full of praises! Sometimes wonder if their praises are genuine or not, haa... ! So we still insisted not to choose these awkward photos. But actually in the end, its ourselves who can't come to an agreement. To me, I'm ok to stick to the amount of photos we r entitled, but my htb dun mind adding so they keep "psycho-ing" me that I'm so lucky to have a nice htb and yes, like the "earlier couple" who paid another $9000 top-up etc etc... Nevertheless, I still insisted "pocket-tight" so keep bargaining till they drop the price and add some pics for us coz its THEM who like the awkward photos NOT US, haaa..!!!

    Overall, quite a long tiring process but would say still kinda fun selecting the photos especially highlighting where they should photoshop to make my arms and certain parts look slimmer, hehe... ;) and reaching final consences between budget and quality blah... Now only hope the Digital Layout looks gd lor..!

    Think I'm a few step behind u again, hehe..?! Viewing my album layout sometime early Oct. What about u? Feel like asking them to bring forward the date but not sure can or not ... Did u choose landscape or protrait? For the bedframe photo, did u chose the single or 3-in-1..?? I still can't decide if I shld go with the 3-in-1...

  7. #127
    Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    591
    Perfect Points
    341.9
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by jesscml View Post
    Hi Joy27,

    Kinda agree with u! We went down to select our photos already. Overall we feel the photos are ok lah, not the "wow" type of expectation. Guess their marketing tactics are like what my gal frenz mentioned to me... ie. taking series of photos lor.. so if we only like 2 out of 5 photos of that particular series, we need to choose at least min. 3 for digital layout which means we need to include 1 from those we do not really like. Hence by default, adding photos which we can actually leave out but no choice have to take because we wanted digital layout!! And the way they group the series is sometimes kinda rigid and restrictive coz to me if same venue and same costume means 1 similar series but they keep insisting the series are group by poses or "storyline" so again we need to include 2-3 photos coz cannot combine series even though we r ok with the mix of poses of same venue and same costume...

    And yes, there are photos which we felt our expression and poses are weird or awkward but they were full of praises! Sometimes wonder if their praises are genuine or not, haa... ! So we still insisted not to choose these awkward photos. But actually in the end, its ourselves who can't come to an agreement. To me, I'm ok to stick to the amount of photos we r entitled, but my htb dun mind adding so they keep "psycho-ing" me that I'm so lucky to have a nice htb and yes, like the "earlier couple" who paid another $9000 top-up etc etc... Nevertheless, I still insisted "pocket-tight" so keep bargaining till they drop the price and add some pics for us coz its THEM who like the awkward photos NOT US, haaa..!!!

    Overall, quite a long tiring process but would say still kinda fun selecting the photos especially highlighting where they should photoshop to make my arms and certain parts look slimmer, hehe... ;) and reaching final consences between budget and quality blah... Now only hope the Digital Layout looks gd lor..!

    Think I'm a few step behind u again, hehe..?! Viewing my album layout sometime early Oct. What about u? Feel like asking them to bring forward the date but not sure can or not ... Did u choose landscape or protrait? For the bedframe photo, did u chose the single or 3-in-1..?? I still can't decide if I shld go with the 3-in-1...
    Hmm i'm not sure if it is possible to have top ups of 8000-9000? By paying a nett amount of 3000 (or something around there), you can get ALL the photos back already, regardless of how many photos you took at the shoot. So if you like alot of photos (e.g. >300), it's best to just take everything. not possible to top up 8k for the photos

  8. #128
    Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    591
    Perfect Points
    341.9
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by joy27 View Post
    Hello Jesscml,

    Done! Very tiring indeed!

    Will be selecting photos on the 19th Aug. how about you? My photographer was Nick, quite an experience indeed! Hope the photos turn out nice. Took some video recordings during the outdoor photoshoot. so roughly have an idea of how i look. Many many indoor studio shots, hope i won't have difficulty selecting!

    Each additional photo is expensive - $115. hope we don't exceed by many!!
    oh, video recordings are allowed during the shoot? but who takes, if you and your htb are posing for the photos?

  9. #129
    Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    591
    Perfect Points
    341.9
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by jesscml View Post
    Hey joy27,

    I had completed my PS too and my photo selection is just 2 days behind u on 21st aug, hehe.. ohhh.. my photographer also Nick!! My Htb and I were rather nervous at first but soon started to "warm-up" alittle and eventually did enjoy ourselves We were also glad we managed to take some photos at the Portsdown Railway track a day after the news announced the commencement of the demonlition.

    Heard from my friends, most time bridal photographer likes to take series or sequence of photos so u will be tempted to choose the whole series of 5 at a time instead of 1 by 1...!! anyone knows if z-wedding has any photo packages? say additional batches of 20-50 photos at a lump sum rate?
    yes there is.. a lump sum of ~3k for ALL photos... soft copy + hard copy...

  10. #130
    Junior Member emmeline is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1
    Perfect Points
    0
    View Wedding Profile
    their designs are more unique and it suits my style

  11. #131
    Junior Member joy27 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8
    Perfect Points
    15.4
    View Wedding Profile

    Bored

    Quote Originally Posted by jesscml View Post
    Hi Joy27,

    Kinda agree with u! We went down to select our photos already. Overall we feel the photos are ok lah, not the "wow" type of expectation. Guess their marketing tactics are like what my gal frenz mentioned to me... ie. taking series of photos lor.. so if we only like 2 out of 5 photos of that particular series, we need to choose at least min. 3 for digital layout which means we need to include 1 from those we do not really like. Hence by default, adding photos which we can actually leave out but no choice have to take because we wanted digital layout!! And the way they group the series is sometimes kinda rigid and restrictive coz to me if same venue and same costume means 1 similar series but they keep insisting the series are group by poses or "storyline" so again we need to include 2-3 photos coz cannot combine series even though we r ok with the mix of poses of same venue and same costume...

    And yes, there are photos which we felt our expression and poses are weird or awkward but they were full of praises! Sometimes wonder if their praises are genuine or not, haa... ! So we still insisted not to choose these awkward photos. But actually in the end, its ourselves who can't come to an agreement. To me, I'm ok to stick to the amount of photos we r entitled, but my htb dun mind adding so they keep "psycho-ing" me that I'm so lucky to have a nice htb and yes, like the "earlier couple" who paid another $9000 top-up etc etc... Nevertheless, I still insisted "pocket-tight" so keep bargaining till they drop the price and add some pics for us coz its THEM who like the awkward photos NOT US, haaa..!!!

    Overall, quite a long tiring process but would say still kinda fun selecting the photos especially highlighting where they should photoshop to make my arms and certain parts look slimmer, hehe... ;) and reaching final consences between budget and quality blah... Now only hope the Digital Layout looks gd lor..!

    Think I'm a few step behind u again, hehe..?! Viewing my album layout sometime early Oct. What about u? Feel like asking them to bring forward the date but not sure can or not ... Did u choose landscape or protrait? For the bedframe photo, did u chose the single or 3-in-1..?? I still can't decide if I shld go with the 3-in-1...
    Around the same time.. i think they have many clients. so the dates got shifted back.. did tried telling them to give me an earlier date however, they told me must give thtem time so that the photos will turn out nice after digital touchups.

    i couldnt' believe that someone would top $9000 until the lady show us the invoice.. my friend paid a total of 12k for the entire package taking all his photos back. I thought that was quite a hefty sum. Well, but i guess as long as the photos look good, many can't resist! It will be the same case for us too!! Now i am thinking that after the digital touching up, the photos should look good.

    They have the square album right? but my htb and myself chose the landscape one. As for the bedframe photos, we have yet to make the decision. We will wait till the time when we see them in Oct.

    When is your AD btw? now we are so busy with the preparations and it's stressing us out!

  12. #132
    Junior Member cherieyip is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14
    Perfect Points
    7.1
    View Wedding Profile
    hey zwedding BTBs i just completed my gown fitting. their wedding gowns are nice but evening gowns so limited.. kinda disappointed with the selection of evening gowns. excuse is that september alot of weddings so alot of the nicer gowns are reserved already...thats how it is when they only have 1 piece of each design i guess...looking forward to photoshoot next month. any of u brides bought your own eyelashes n ampoules? they charge exorbitant prices for those! any recommendations? will the makeup artist insist that we use theirs? share your experience please...

  13. #133
    Junior Member kimiyuki is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1
    Perfect Points
    2.2
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi ladies this is my 1st time posting in this forum.. likewise i'm a zwedding btb and happy to hear pretty good responses about zwedding

    From reading the postings, realized that most of u got 30pcs of photo for your wedding album.. Hmm mine only got 26pcs.. initially was 20pcs and they gave me 6 more. Guess i did not do much research and bargain for more photos during the signing of package. Wanna ask would it be possible to ask for more pics during gown fitting or photo selection ever though the package has been signed? Think they would most probably ask us to top up for extra photos instead?

  14. #134
    Junior Member magic is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1
    Perfect Points
    5.0
    View Wedding Profile
    Me and HTB went to the "bridal street" in Tg Pagar, and we went into the first shop near the bus stop - "Z". A lady calling herself the Marketing Mgr, bombarded me with TONS of photos, telling me that she feel fated that we met cos my HTB looks like her brother (haha...as if we bother). During the discussion, i actually saw a couple choosing their photo, and the lady attending to them sneek up a frustrated look. Then came another couple carrying their portrait photo. When they enter the shop, two lady at the counter immediately turned around and act busy. The couple had to stand there for about 2 mins before they were being attended to. When she nicely tell them that she dun like the colour of the portrait, one lady loudly replied her saying:" I think it looks okay wat!"...Then I think the lady attending to us realize I'm looking at all these, told the counter lady to bring the couple inside for discussion. By then, I've more or less decided to look around first as I feel their package is not very cheap as well. She quoted me $3688, with all basics, only with the perks of being able to choose from their so called "premium rack". So when I am preparing my "exit statement" saying i need to go look around again, she said:"I know you two dun seem to be those who are willing to pay a lot. Therefore, there is no need to look around anymore cos we are giving you the best price with best picture and gown you can find in this street!" And she started saying things like my figure is inproportionate lah, no one else will know wats best for me except her lah...blah blah blah....damned PISSED!

    She even tell me things like if i were to go down to other shops, they will show me black face if i tell them i am not signing. I feel like telling her, even though her face is smiling to me now, her "meat" is not! Pot calling kettle black....

    Anyway eventually i manage to step out of that little shop of horror, and went down to another BS further down. This other BS that i went confidently let me view their wedding gown even before we started talking about package! It's a totally different feel as they dun give me the fake and hard-sell kind of feeling. I even saw a couple choosing their photos happily and laughing with the coordinator. I signed immediately on the spot with this other BS, $400 cheaper, with AD photographer + pre-wedding photo shoot tpt thrown in!

  15. #135
    Junior Member libra13star is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1
    Perfect Points
    1.4
    View Wedding Profile
    hi all! first post here, anw i signed up with z wedding at a wedding fair previously cos i liked the gowns and the way the photos were taken~
    now having mixed feelings on my package after reading the thread, fellow z wedding brides to be~is there anything i should take note of when i am selecting my gowns/ photoshoot/ selection of photos?
    any recommendations for co-ordinators/mua/photographers? thanks all!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2013 Wedding Chat
    By sweetestcoma in forum Wedding Planning Tips
    Replies: 1297
    Last Post: 12-09-2014, 11:49 AM
  2. JUST MARRIED Vinyl Car Stickers - Customize your own design for your wedding car!
    By minkrs in forum General Marketplace - Wedding Items, Accessories, Others
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2012, 12:06 PM
  3. WTS: A few design of wedding Favours
    By Myosotis in forum General Marketplace - Wedding Items, Accessories, Others
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22-03-2012, 12:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts