Perfect Weddings Contest Terms and Conditions
Perfect Weddings Contest Terms & Conditions:
- This Contest will be governed by these standard terms and conditions, and accompanying Contest Details (collectively the “Terms“). Each entrant agrees that he/she has read and understood these Terms and by their participation in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Terms.
- The Organiser of the Contest is Perfect Weddings Media Pte Ltd (69 Ubi Road 1, #05-29, Oxley Bizhub, Singapore 408731) (“Organiser“) which shall be solely responsible for the execution and administration of this Contest.
- This Contest is held in conjunction with www.perfectweddings.sg Entrants may enter the Contest by accessing the website through www.perfectweddings.sg (the “Contest Site“), answering one or more simple questions. There is no fee to enter the Contest, however internet access charges or other third party connectivity charges may apply. Please check with your internet service provider for current internet access charges, if any. In entering this Contest, all entrants are deemed to have the permission of the person paying such third party charges.
- The Contest shall run strictly in accordance with the stipulated timeframe as stated in the Contest Details.
- This Contest is only open to all legal residents in Singapore as stated in the Contest Details.
- Unless otherwise prescribed in the Contest Details, to enter the Contest, entrants must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age or over at the date of entry. Entrants below the age of eighteen (18) are required to obtain parental/guardian approval to take part in the Contest.
- The following categories of persons are not eligible to enter the Contest: employees (including their immediate families) of Organiser and its respective divisions, affiliates, authorised dealers/distributors, agents; suppliers of the Prize(s); and any other company professionally connected with this Contest. All entrants shall be responsible for ensuring that their entry and/or acceptance of the Prize (as defined below) does not contravene any local laws or regulations. This Contest shall be void where prohibited or restricted by law. “Immediate family” means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- All personal details submitted must be accurate and complete and are subject to proof upon request by the Organiser. The Organiser reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants and to disqualify any entry not submitted in accordance with these Terms or which tampers with the entry process.
- Incomplete, indecipherable, illegible or incorrect entries or any entry which violates the Terms, will automatically be disqualified. Entries received after the Closing Date will be disqualified.
- The Organiser will not accept any responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. The Organiser shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to the Contest.
11. Each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Perfect Weddings to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition, including and not limited to Perfect Weddings website, emagazine, Facebook page, electronic direct mailer etc.
- Unless otherwise specified in the Contest Details, entrants may submit more than one (1) entry but in the event of repeat submissions, only the latest entry will be eligible for consideration.
- Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entry that Organiser believes has been made (a) via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine-assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. Organiser reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
- The Organiser’s representatives or appointed judges will select the winner(s) from amongst all eligible and/or correctly-answered entries (each referred to as a “Winner“) by random selection (for lucky draws or games of chance) or on the basis of merit. The Organiser’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained. Winners will be notified via email or telephone (as provided by the entrant in his/her submission), confirming their Prize and providing details on how to acknowledge and collect the Prize. In the event that the Organiser cannot for any reason obtain the Winner’s acknowledgement within twenty four (24) hours of first attempting to do so, the Organiser reserves the right to select an alternative Winner at its sole discretion.
- The Organiser reserves the right to select an alternative Winner at any time, where the Organiser has reasonable grounds for believing that the initially selected Winner has contravened any of these Terms. Any alternative Winner will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original Winner.
- The Organiser reserves the right to deal with any unclaimed Prize in any manner it deems fit.
- Where the Prize consists of any overseas travel: (a) the Winner(s) and travel companion(s) (where applicable) must possess valid travel documentation and visa prior to departure, failing which the entire Prize will be forfeited; and (b) the entire Prize must be utilized within the same trip and in any event within the time frame stipulated in the contest details.
- The Prize is as stated and is non-transferable and not-for-sale. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Organiser’s control, the Organiser is unable to provide the stated Prize or any part thereof, the Organiser reserves the right to substitute the prize with an item of equal or greater value, to be determined at the Organisers’ sole discretion. A Prize may be subject to the additional terms and conditions of the prize supplier. More details on the collection of the Prize will be given to the respective Winner(s) at a later stage.
- Acceptance of the Prize shall constitute consent on the Winner’s part (including Winner’s companion’s part, as the case may be), to allow the use of the Winner’s (and Winner’s companion’s) entry, names, images, video footage, voices and/or likeness by the Organiser for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes, without further compensation, in any media for an unlimited period of time, except where prohibited by law.
- Acceptance of any Prize shall constitute a release and discharge of the Organiser by each Winner (and/or their companions) from any and all liability, claims, demands, causes of action, and/or damages which the Winner (and/or their companions) may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to: (i) the Contest, (ii) personal injury and/or property damage, theft or loss suffered by the Winner (and/or their companions) as a result of the use and/or enjoyment of the Prize, and/or (iii) any tax liabilities in relation to the Contest, Prize and/or use or enjoyment of the same.
- The Organiser shall not be held liable for (i) any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of their obligations to the Winners under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser, its respective divisions, affiliates, authorized dealers/distributors, agents, suppliers of the Prize(s), including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or (ii) from any loss, damage to property, injury, or death resulting from or related to entrant’s participation or inability to participate in this Contest, or the use, misuse or inability to use the Prize or any portion thereof, provided, however, that nothing in these Terms shall limit the Organiser’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its own negligence, deceit or fraud.
- Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
- No waiver of any rights by the Organiser or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Organiser waives their right to object to a particular breach of these terms and conditions by one entrant, it does not prevent the Organiser from objecting to any other breaches by that entrant or any other entrant.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore, save for the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act. (Cap. 53B) which is expressly excluded from application.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and any advertising, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with the Contest, these Terms shall prevail. In the event of any inconsistency between these Standard Terms and Conditions and the Contest Details, the Contest Details shall prevail.
- The Organisers reserve the right to terminate the Contest or to modify the Contest rules and Terms prior to the Closing Date by amending the rules and Terms hereof at its sole and absolute discretion. Any such modifications shall be notified via the Contest Website, and such modifications shall be immediately effective and apply to all entries, including entries that have been submitted to the Organiser.