The best way to look your best on your wedding day is having a healthy glowing skin. And that’s not a matter of pricey cosmetics or plastic surgery because it doesn’t need to an expensive or drastic over-the-top change to achieve a beautiful complexion. It’s simply about making sure that your skin is in good condition by the time you got engaged to the day you walk down the aisle.
What have you been doing for your skin? Do you have any existing regimen and loyalty to a certain skincare product? What is the effect you got? These are questions you need to answer to take better care of your skin and make sure it is at its best on your wedding.
Here are some tips (more like reminders) for you to religiously follow from now on to achieve that fresh and vibrant skin:
1. Consult a dermatologist. If you haven’t got one, ask for referrals from friends and family so you know you’re getting not just professional advice but a trusted one as well. Get yourself a prescribed regimen that can specifically target your skin’s problem areas and so that you know exactly what you can expect with the result. Make sure to inform your dermatologist when you’re wedding is to give a time frame on the work to be done.
2. Know your skin type. Skin type generally can be oily, normal, or dry but it can also be a combination of those depending on external factors like the weather and pollution, or it may also be internally influenced, meaning it’s in your genes or your hormones. You can create remedies from ingredients that are readily available in your kitchen or you might need to follow a certain diet to address your skin problems from within. Whichever it is, you need to understand your skin problems in order to find the right solutions.
3. Don’t adapt a regimen with just a month before your wedding. You don’t want to subject your skin to anything foreign to it with only a month before your wedding, especially if you have sensitive skin. The worst case scenario is to have an allergic reaction that will give you red blotches or a pimple breakout on the day of your wedding! If just soap and water works for you, then maintain it. Don’t get a facial or any treatment unless your trusted dermatologist recommends it.
4. Drink lots of water and get as much sleep as you can. This basically is all about living a healthy lifestyle. Though stress is inevitable as you prepare for your wedding, be sure to counter it by eating healthy – meaning steering away from oily, fatty, and salty food, and drinking lots of water. You’re hitting two birds with one stone with this tip as you can lose weight while keeping your skin healthy. Getting enough sleep at night is very important. Keep in mind that there is no wedding detail that is worth cutting your sleep short for. Sleep gives your skin a radiance unlike that given by any skincare product!
5. Wear sun block and moisturize! Yes, even if your skin is oily. The key here is to find the right moisturizer for your skin type. For oily skin, the best moisturizer to use is gel or water-based. On the other hand, for dry skin, cream-based moisturizer works better. Hydration is so important for the skin, thus the classic tip for a healthy skin is simply to moisturize. And if you are often outdoors and exposed to the sun, always put on a sun block. The sun is unforgiving to the skin these days thus it is best to be protected from its harmful rays that can cause serious skin damage.
Those tips are really nothing new because when it comes to skin care what is already tried and tested are those that really work except, of course, when you have a special case like allergies and hypersensitivity (but those are already covered in item no. 1). Remember that when it comes to skin care, keeping it simple works best. So do just that and you will surely look and feel your best on your wedding day.
Copyright © 2016 Perfect Weddings, All Rights Reserved.