How to better communicate with dad in law

pinkfairy88

Hi all,

My future dad in law is a person who like to handle household matters e.g doing household chores etc and now that me and fiancé is getting married soon in year end, I find that he meddle in a lot of our house matters.
As the house we are going to stay at is bought by my fiancé previously alone before he knows me hence he can"t sell off till mop is met. Both of us have to stay there after our marriage temporary. When he is staying there alone, his dad has access to his house as one set of key is given to him.now that our house is undergoing Reno, his dad will help us to oversee when we are busy by going up to take a look since he stay nearby.

However, now then Reno is almost completed. Just recently, he went up to look at the cupboard etc in the room although we have closed the door to all rooms and commented about the workmanship and asking us to contact contractor about it etc.

How do I deal with or tell him if in future he still pop in as and when he like till the date we move in as I will slowly moving some of my things in?

I hope he respect my privacy though I know sometimes he help us out to oversee some house Reno matters etc. my hubby is those quiet type infront of his family and he dare not tell his dad tactfully. I really hope to talk reason with his dad and respect should be both ways.

pinkmallows

Fathers-in-law are sometimes quiet and do not always interact with you. To become closer to them, you should start up the conversation or ask for substantial advice from them.