Marriage Preparation Course

seabiscuit

Hi Ladies, I'm new here and really need help. Totally clueless which MPC provider to sign up with. Checked out the list of MCYS accredited course providers and most of the topics all about the same.

Any of you tried Eagles Mediation & Counseling Centre (EMCC) located @ Liang Court or Centre for Fathering? I am interested in topics in Fertility & family planning as well, apart from the standard ones. Heard before some courses will teach about charting for women to know which days we are most fertile, etc.

Hope to get help here. Thanks in advance.

kimchoo

oh...there are courses that includes fertility topics? that's interesting. does anyone know where such courses are offered?

melo

Hi Ladies, I'm new here and really need help. Totally clueless which MPC provider to sign up with. Checked out the list of MCYS accredited course providers and most of the topics all about the same.

Any of you tried Eagles Mediation & Counseling Centre (EMCC) located @ Liang Court or Centre for Fathering? I am interested in topics in Fertility & family planning as well, apart from the standard ones. Heard before some courses will teach about charting for women to know which days we are most fertile, etc.

Hope to get help here. Thanks in advance.

hey babe, good to hear that you are going for marriage counselling. :) marriage is really not as simple as we often think it is, to many people it's a 'dream' to get married but they dont really know what lies ahead. kudos to you! :D

Yes, most of the topics that they cover are about the same. The difference is in how you and your hubby to be think about your similarities, differences and how to live together in time to come :)

missylis

ya marriagencentral does have a list of the different centres that offers marriage prep courses I remember. They are from government initiate organisation i believe.

Heiketenko

Any Christians here attending MPC in 2013? :p

yup! that's me. AD on Dec 2013 hence searching for one right now but i think i will prefer to attend that include topics with Christianity instead of those recommended by public sector. I have yet to approach my church on MPC, headache is HTB parents wants us to attend MPC in their church which i am more comfortable in mine and also HTB is attending svc with me now in my church. start of in-law minor conflict. lolz

tina22ho

Dear all,

I am considering 3 Marriage Prep Course

1. Focus on Family
2. TOUCH Community
3. St Andrew's Livestreams

Has anyone here attended any of the above? Any reviews?

Clovina

Attended the Marriage Prep Course conducted by my church, St John's - St Margaret's Church last year. The course focuses on Communication, Commitment, Resolving Conflict, Keeping Love Alive and Sharing Goals and Values. The materials are from Alpha Singapore.

It was really amazing and beneficial. Not only did it broaden our mindset, it also set the tone of what a God Loving relationship should be.

wherestarsfall

i went and agree its useful as it makes you think of issues you might nv have considered before, like finances and in law issues. but for me the most fulfilling part was the personality test that comes with it, and tells you possible clashes between your characters and how you might be able to avoid it.

angelyca17

Are the syllabus for most of the marriage preparation session similar? How long is usually one course (is it a few hours workshop or does it take a few return trips?), or does it vary from one center to another? I need to travel quite a bit in the next few months and am thinking of how to fit it it? Any preparation work one should be doing before attending the session?

nicepeople

A friend got free marriage preparation course when he searched in the internet. He said quite good. Of course, the free course of three sessions for the basic only and if you want more, you have to pay for the personality profile test and more sessions. But he said, the three sessions were good enough.