There are so many reasons why it’s important to have a pre-wed photo shoot. A pre-wedding photo shoot certainly is the best photography service you get to take advantage of before your wedding. For couples who had never been photographed by a professional photographer before, this is something that must be considered and utilized. Although some couples see this as unnecessary, or perhaps a waste of time, there are many reasons why you’ll benefit from this rare opportunity.
Photo by AndroidsinBoots
1. It establishes a comfortable connection between you and your photographer.
Establishing a good relationship with your photographer long before the actual day of the wedding makes a lot of difference in the outcome of your wedding day photos. Let your photographer notice your personality, natural behavior, and chemistry with your fiancé by utilizing the pre-wedding photo shoot of your photography package. Allowing your photographer to discover your best angles and true character enables him or her to capture images of you on your wedding day that are unique and outstanding.
2. It gives you meaningful remembrance of a remarkable place in your life.
Having your pre-wedding photos taken at a location that is both meaningful to you and your fiancé creates evocative additions to your wedding photo album. Have your shoot in the place where you had your engagement, first date, or somewhere you like to visit together. Some of the locations that Singapore couples like to have their shoot are their hometowns, universities where they first met, favorite dating places, and movie theaters.
Photo by Kinici Photo
3. You can inform your photographer which shots and angles to concentrate on.
Another great benefit of having an engagement photo shoot is that you can let your photographer know in advance of the angles you wish to concentrate and avoid on photos. Also, through pre-wed photography, you get the chance to test different hair and makeup styles. You can inform your glamor team what styles to maintain based on how your appearance registers on the camera.
4. You get to know better your photographer’s workmanship and personality.
The most important benefit that pre-wedding shoots can provide is that you get a chance to know your photographer better. You’ll be able to see your photographer’s quality of works and attitude towards dealing with clients. Once you see the results of your photo shoot, you’ll know exactly what to expect on your wedding day photography.
5. It lets you include the photos in your wedding stationery.
Once you have your pre-wedding photographs, you’ll have options for your wedding stationery, such as your wedding invitations, place cards, and even favors. You can also send some copies to friends and relatives who can’t make it to your wedding. For more elaborate weddings, you can send an engagement photo to your local newspaper and have it published to announce your marriage.
Photo by Lushfolio Photography
Some Important Tips for a Successful Pre-Wedding Photo Shoot
Once you’ve decided to have your engagement photos taken, the next thing to do is to make sure that your photoshoot is a success. Elementary details of the shoot, such as the location of the shoot, outfit to wear, and time of the day that the shoot will take place, needs to be dealt with in advance. To ensure successful pre-wedding photoshoot, here are some of the important things to consider.
• Location. The choice of location doesn’t have to be confusing. Consider the places that are meaningful to you and your fiancé, such as the place where you first met or the place you often visit. Also, consider the style of the location. Do you want an outdoor location, like parks and gardens; artsy backdrop, like in galleries and museums; or playful ambiance, like playgrounds and candy shops? A good choice of environment would make the photos look exquisite and more dramatic.
• Attire. Choose an outfit that looks good on you and coordinates with your chosen environment. Picking the right colors of your clothing will also help to make you stand out from the background. As much as possible, wear solid colors and avoid trendy outfits as they will make you look dated in your photos once the trend goes out of style. Also, printed and patterned outfits tend to attract attention away from the face, so you might want to avoid such if you want emotions to dominate the photographs.
• Timeline. How far in advance should you have your engagement photos taken? There is no time limit for this. You can have it as soon as you get engaged, or a couple of weeks before the wedding day. However, you’ll need to consider the weather and whether you’ll need some photos for newspaper wedding announcement. If so, a photo shoot must be done well in-advance before the invitations are ordered.
Photo by Renatus Photography
• Time of the Day. For outdoor shoots, the best time would be early in the morning or late afternoon. Photos taken during those times have less glare and are easy to enhance. If it’s in a public indoor location, such as a restaurant or coffee shop, call them and inquire when they are least busy. This will allow your photographer to capture images without worrying about people walking in the background and provide you with more usable photographs.
• Hair and Makeup. Never do anything drastic to your hair and makeup for your wedding photo session. Avoid changes that no longer shows your natural beauty. You want your photos to reflect who you really are, and you want to look and feel comfortable with your own skin. Your love and chemistry with your soon-to-be-husband will come out naturally when you’re at ease with your appearance.
When memories of your wedding starts to fade, your photographs will not, and having a few shots of your engagement will add an even more meaningful reminiscence of those special moments in the days leading to your wedding day. Engagement photos can be used to start a wedding photo timeline, can be hung on the walls of your home, used for wedding announcements and wedding stationery. Sparing some time for a pre-wedding photo shoot will make your wedding photo collection priceless in the many years to come.
Photo by Kent Wong Photography
Copyright © 2016 Perfect Weddings, All Rights Reserved.