2012 Brides to Be

KnGp

Yup yup! Sometimes even if tong shu is out and given a few dates, you still have to see if it matches your schedules...
If not, since you all gave a tentative date, then once it's out, see if it is a good date. Once the date confirmed, you all can start planning! =D

Hi all,
I come across this website... Something like tong shu.. Maybe u all will want to take a look?
http://www.xingzuo5.cn/jiri_jishi.php
Haha.. But i dunno the accuracy...

Lesssweet

Yup yup! Sometimes even if tong shu is out and given a few dates, you still have to see if it matches your schedules...
If not, since you all gave a tentative date, then once it's out, see if it is a good date. Once the date confirmed, you all can start planning! =D

Yep.. Now I'm looking for MUA, shoes, ring holders & things to decorate the table n chairs for my ROM in Sep 11.. Any recommendation?

Lesssweet

errr i tot tong shu should be out by now?

and hor getting married leh wat do you mean by tight schedules??? i believe you can just take leave ..

Of cos he can take leave just that if we choose a date which is not my HTB off day then he cannot invite his Shift / close colleagues to the wedding.. Sigh..

Hi Kngp,

Thanks for the link and had did a check. It's show ok to get married.. : )

vanny

i am planning for end 2012! guess i must start finding venues! will post up some findings when i have stopped procrastinating!

PerfectPixie

Hi Vanny, stop procrastinating =p if you are looking to hold your banquet at end 2012 you should try to book now to avoid disappointment. End periods are always very hot and most ppl book at least 1.5 years in advance to get their favorite date for hot dates. First, start with your budget per table and how many people you are looking to invite, once you got a rough estimate of the guest count you can start looking for your preferred hotel/restaurant and see if they can accommodate the number of tables for you. :)

@Lesssweet, check out this thread on wedding shoes:
http://www.perfectweddings.sg/forums/where-buy-wedding-shoes-85/

@emike, you are also waiting for the tong shu ar?

juzanothergal

hi everyone!
As I am planning for my wedding next year, I have a really silly question to ask....

if the solemnisation is in the morning, and the dinner will be at night, what actually happens during the time in between? do you all go and do photoshoots? or rest? or go and eat with the family first?

Thanks!

emike

Hi Vanny, stop procrastinating =p if you are looking to hold your banquet at end 2012 you should try to book now to avoid disappointment. End periods are always very hot and most ppl book at least 1.5 years in advance to get their favorite date for hot dates. First, start with your budget per table and how many people you are looking to invite, once you got a rough estimate of the guest count you can start looking for your preferred hotel/restaurant and see if they can accommodate the number of tables for you. :)

@Lesssweet, check out this thread on wedding shoes:
http://www.perfectweddings.sg/forums/where-buy-wedding-shoes-85/

@emike, you are also waiting for the tong shu ar?

ya.. im waiting for the tong shu.. and can only open on end aug.. after tt have to rush to book the banquet..

PerfectPixie

Hi juzanothergal, why not consider having the solemnisation just a 2-3 hours before the wedding dinner? This way all at 1 short your close friends and relatives can attend your dinner right after your solemnisation at the same venue, fast and convenient unless you are considering having another venue for your solemnisation? If you do in the morning got some time to rest in between before dinner ba.

emike, should still be able to book during july-aug period next yr at end aug :) This period quite quiet so should have lots of available dates to book from. Have you visited any hotels yet? found any you like? can start looking first :laugh:

Tenshi

ya.. im waiting for the tong shu.. and can only open on end aug.. after tt have to rush to book the banquet..

emike if this next year tong shu not out you still can get the date one. there is such thing call hundred years of tong shu which you will be able to get the date first then when then next year one out then get the timing.

all along i tot got to wait for the next year tong shu out then can get the date but got someone enlighten me that told me that got hundred years tong shu. so i went to my that sung ming master he really got hundred years tong shu but he told us he can only give us the date so can book the hotel first as for timing got to wait for the next year one out then can see timing.

better do it soon for next year hor.

Phiphi

Hello all

I'm a 2012 btb too.. Gonna have mine on 4 feb 12. Before end of CNY.

I checked the auspicious timing online at http://www.188188.org/

Mine would be http://www.188188.org/2012-2-04.html

Anyway, it's alot of Chinese to read but quite interesting, tells you which times can/cant do wat... i tally it with what is in this yr's tong shu and it's the same stuffs. I believe the website should be quite reliable. Just ignore some pop-ups/adverts when you page loads.

emike

emike if this next year tong shu not out you still can get the date one. there is such thing call hundred years of tong shu which you will be able to get the date first then when then next year one out then get the timing.

all along i tot got to wait for the next year tong shu out then can get the date but got someone enlighten me that told me that got hundred years tong shu. so i went to my that sung ming master he really got hundred years tong shu but he told us he can only give us the date so can book the hotel first as for timing got to wait for the next year one out then can see timing.

better do it soon for next year hor.

ya.. actually i've shortlisted some dates after going those HK online website. but still i need to wait for the geomancer to give me actual date. while waiting, we'll be going to the shortlisted hotels. going to marina sq tmr for the fair though..

Alizg91

Anyone know if there are venue to be booked so that I can order banquet catering for my guests? Most hotel would be package which would include the food right??

Lesssweet

Hello all

I'm a 2012 btb too.. Gonna have mine on 4 feb 12. Before end of CNY.

I checked the auspicious timing online at http://www.188188.org/

Mine would be http://www.188188.org/2012-2-04.html

Anyway, it's alot of Chinese to read but quite interesting, tells you which times can/cant do wat... i tally it with what is in this yr's tong shu and it's the same stuffs. I believe the website should be quite reliable. Just ignore some pop-ups/adverts when you page loads.

Hi Phiphi,

It could not display the page after I entered my date.. Hmmm

Lesssweet

ya.. actually i've shortlisted some dates after going those HK online website. but still i need to wait for the geomancer to give me actual date. while waiting, we'll be going to the shortlisted hotels. going to marina sq tmr for the fair though..

Hi Emike,

Which HK website did u go?

shasoledad

hi all..

i will be getting married in end october..
but at the moment, i'm having problems finding a centralised venue that allows outside catering vendors or on-site cooking..
i'm looking at a budget of $1000 for full day usage till 10pm and capacity of at least 200 people..
anyone has any ideas or recommendations?
:)

jspchenjsp

hi all,

i'm also a 2012 btb... now searching for hotels as well.. the dates are being booked away, it's pretty fast. Never expect that wedding in 2012 is so popular... :(

teddyzhu38

hi all,

i'm also a 2012 btb... now searching for hotels as well.. the dates are being booked away, it's pretty fast. Never expect that wedding in 2012 is so popular... :(

Yeah man... Its dragon yr!!!! my wedding is in Dec 2012, i started booking end of april 2011. Guess wat? The hotel we wanted, all the fri and sat in dec 2012 was BOOKED!!!! we only left with sunday... :( so no choice... we got to book a sunday... so mus be fast ya...