2013 Wedding Chat

kpi

Shangri-La’s Rasa Sentosa Resort Wedding

Hi shrd,

We went to the wedding show that was held at Shangri-La’s Rasa Sentosa Resort and found that it was one of the best wedding show in singapore. We love the beach wedding ROM concept with the waves splashing while soft music in the background.

Chanel Tan, the Director of Events Management brought us around the place and gave detail description of the place even though she was very busy. Little details like what type of colors may suit our wedding and full explaination from the cocktail party to end of the wedding.

The Horizon Pavilion features the floor-to-ceiling windows for a panoramic view of the sea and we love it very much.

kpi

Kpi.. I got my bs le... Hahah kaisu la me.. Can I
know which pg and vg u getting? 1.5yrs in advance seems like very famous wor..

Shawn, book ur weddig venue fast before its.gone... Wkends for june seems like hot date..

I got a problem...
1210nett per table for grand park ch vs 1288nett for marina mandarin

Grand park high ceiling + great menu 4*
Marina low ceiling + menu not so good 5*
Or others

Whats the call??

We are getting Unique Colours for our wedding pg,vg and photo booth.

I would highly recommend Marina Mandarin if I have to chose between the both of them.
1) Service good
2) Been there for 3 weddings and the food is still great.

Just went to the Grand park wedding show but I do not have a good feeling about them.

Mey

Hi Enigma1612, I'm a Sep 2013 bride! Booked with M Hotel too! Will be having my wedding at M Hotel on 7 September 2013! What's your date and ballroom?

bichonx

anyone know what is the auspicious date to get hitched in this year?

Everyone's auspicious dates are different. You gotta go to some expert (those usually reside in temples) and let them know both you and your partner's exact birth date and details. They will calculate your auspicious date to get hitched! good luck!

charlenechew

Hello everyone! :) I'm a 2013 Dec BTB, having my ROM in March prior to that
Have already confirmed my ROM location at One Rochester and my banquet at Conrad. After reading so much good reviews about Conrad, i decided to pop by to have a look and gosh the reception area is huge and the ballroom is gorgeous (the chandeliers look quite similar to Four Seasons though)
My coordinator is Catheryn and she's awesome! Heard from her that her bookings are up till November already.. that's pretty scary

Kellicious

Wow I thought I was very KS, so actually many of you already in the midst of preparations... :) Mine is in April 2013. Just bought our wedding bands from Bvlgari on Wednesday, already confirmed getting my MTM gown & suit from Vivian Gown & MUA should be Vivian Goh. Ours will be simple affair, just ROM at Registry of Marriages & dinner at No Signboard Seafood @ Esplanade. Anyone knows what are the timing slots like at the Registry of Marriages?

charlenechew

Heh, it's really beneficial to plan early. I have seen BTBs rushing like mad at the very last minute and they don't get to enjoy the planning process at all.

Wow I thought I was very KS, so actually many of you already in the midst of preparations... :) Mine is in April 2013. Just bought our wedding bands from Bvlgari on Wednesday, already confirmed getting my MTM gown & suit from Vivian Gown & MUA should be Vivian Goh. Ours will be simple affair, just ROM at Registry of Marriages & dinner at No Signboard Seafood @ Esplanade. Anyone knows what are the timing slots like at the Registry of Marriages?

shrb

Hi Kpi! Thanks for your thoughts... do you think Rasa's worth the price they charge? I'm actually going down to meet with Jessica next week. Unfortunately the appointment is for the evening. I'm toying with the idea of a morning ceremony and a lunch versus an evening one and a dinner...

Hi charlenechew! May I ask what was the deciding factor for Conrad? It's one of my shortlisted venues as well...

Anyone has had any experienc with Amara Sanctuary specifically Jason, the sales manager there?

charlenechew

Hi shrb! :) Honestly speaking, Conrad was not one of the hotels I shortlisted.. I really liked intercon as it was one of the hotels that I really want to have my wedding there. But my experience with the coordinator was really horrible, I changed my mind instantly.

I got to know Conrad through a friend as his brother had a really good experience when he had his banquet there. The food is awesome (from golden peony), the ballroom is beautiful and the reception area is huge! Read the forums and apparently their reviews are really good.. And not to mention, Catheryn has been really helpful :) we knew we had to get Conrad fast! Have placed our deposit 2 weeks ago.

Hi Kpi! Thanks for your thoughts... do you think Rasa's worth the price they charge? I'm actually going down to meet with Jessica next week. Unfortunately the appointment is for the evening. I'm toying with the idea of a morning ceremony and a lunch versus an evening one and a dinner...

Hi charlenechew! May I ask what was the deciding factor for Conrad? It's one of my shortlisted venues as well...

Anyone has had any experienc with Amara Sanctuary specifically Jason, the sales manager there?

kpi

Hi shrb, I believe the price is worth it as the wedding there will have a "out of singapore feel".
Just worry that it will get too hot for a morning ceremony at the beach.
If you book this year, the price for each table will will remain the same.
You can get their in-house band for only $200+. They were great during the wedding show!!

kpi

Hi shrb! :) Honestly speaking, Conrad was not one of the hotels I shortlisted.. I really liked intercon as it was one of the hotels that I really want to have my wedding there. But my experience with the coordinator was really horrible, I changed my mind instantly.

I got to know Conrad through a friend as his brother had a really good experience when he had his banquet there. The food is awesome (from golden peony), the ballroom is beautiful and the reception area is huge! Read the forums and apparently their reviews are really good.. And not to mention, Catheryn has been really helpful :) we knew we had to get Conrad fast! Have placed our deposit 2 weeks ago.

To be honest I have never been to Conrad for a wedding yet so I will not be able to comment but I have heard that the reviews were good. The only problem is that the good dates for this hotel have been book 1 year in advance. :eek:hmy:

charlenechew

Yes! The slots for Conrad has been quite filled up.. Imagine mine to be in dec 2013 and the coordinator told
me she already has bookings for 2014!

To be honest I have never been to Conrad for a wedding yet so I will not be able to comment but I have heard that the reviews were good. The only problem is that the good dates for this hotel have been book 1 year in advance. :eek:hmy: