Angbao / PinJin

xhenrietta

Hi all,

pardon me for asking such a mundane question.

My dad actually asked htb to give him X amount of tables, and the angbao from these tables have to give him. I am anger but not sure if it suppose to be like that.
Since my htb is planning to give pinjin, is it still necessary to give dad all the angbao from my side ? It will be more than $10,000 then, really too much since we are just blue collar workers.

Is this right ?
I feel really bad cox' my parents are poor and never contribute in wedding. I feel that they are trying to earn $$. I really feel embarrassed & I don't want my htb to be stress up either.

Please advise me :)

Thank you

Iloveyou

Don't worry, it's very common for the brides parents to keep the Angbao for their own invited guests. Both my elder sisters married tat way too! As for myself, my htb is gonna bear all cost of the wedding as I am not working. Therefore I discussed with my mum and asked for all the angbaos from both sides to be given to us so we can use it to help with the banquet cost. My mum happily agreed to it and said that's the least I can do to ease his burden :)

Maybe you can try discussing about tis issue wif ur dad too... Do let him know that a whole wedding is VERY expensive

Selp

Talk to ur dad. I spoke to my mom n she only asked for 6999, which she returned 3000
Ang pows fr tables are all given back to us cos my hub paid from his own savings.

Wulla

hmmmm... I am going into this stage of talking about pin jin soon. Its quite sensitive thing loh. Sometimes think too much only make you worse. If your dad have ask for it, I doubt he is going to change since. Most of the time, how they have gauge for the pin jin is usually taking reference from his friends. At least that what I think.