Diamond or no diamond on wedding band?

mellowhearts

My wedding band has a little diamond on it which is definitely smaller in size compared to the engagement ring. But I've told my friends that although the diamond on my wedding band is much smaller, it feels like it catches my eye a lot more than a bigger rock. :) I guess it's the significance of the ring that outweighed the fiscal value of it? :)

pinnpinn

My wedding band has a little diamond on it which is definitely smaller in size compared to the engagement ring. But I've told my friends that although the diamond on my wedding band is much smaller, it feels like it catches my eye a lot more than a bigger rock. :) I guess it's the significance of the ring that outweighed the fiscal value of it? :)

Yup, I agree with u! I was attracted to my wedding band first than the normal diamond ring (I even hint to my HTB previously that I want it as my proposal ring instead. But he mentioned where got ppl proposed using half-eternity ring). So, he got me that as a wedding band!

astutekitty

Mine was altered too but it keep rolling, like yours. Haha. I think it's normal? given that the knuckle area and the inner finger area size differ? And we can't alter it perfectly because if it fits u well and not rolling around, you might have a hard time going through ur knuckle area! I think full eternity ring is tooo bling for me. I want mine to be attentive, but not TOO attentive. If you get what i mean ;)

This is mine from GH http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...0216041974136_660839135_8629678_1152548_n.jpg. HTB was just a really plain matte ring. He dont like diamonds or fancy (which in his opinion, its gayish. Haha)

Hi PinnPinn

Where did you get yours from? This is the design I love most ... =X

pinnpinn

I got it from Goldheart! But u can get it anywhere. They have similar/same designs. I went back to GH because thats the place whereby my HTB bought the engagement ring/we know the sales person/its the cheapest at that time (membership discount etc)

riverdaniel

Inactive Member
I have heard that something other is harder than a diamond, but I am not sure. So I don't really care about the other things, because I don't know them. So what makes the diamond, not other minerals, the hardest mineral?handmade jewelry

rojak

haha in the end i decided with diamonds. coz after shopping around, i realized the cost of getting a plain ring with no diamonds costs almost the same as a ring with diamonds!! not worth it lah.. so i was more than justified to get diamonds. hahaha

pinnpinn

haha in the end i decided with diamonds. coz after shopping around, i realized the cost of getting a plain ring with no diamonds costs almost the same as a ring with diamonds!! not worth it lah.. so i was more than justified to get diamonds. hahaha

Yup, thats true! it's crazy that sometimes those wedding bands that comes together as a pair is more expensive than u buy it individually. Always though that it's cheaper before i got mine. And, the designs on those wedding bands are not always that nice! unless you dont mind simple plain ones.

rojak

Yup, thats true! it's crazy that sometimes those wedding bands that comes together as a pair is more expensive than u buy it individually. Always though that it's cheaper before i got mine. And, the designs on those wedding bands are not always that nice! unless you dont mind simple plain ones.

actually i quite like the simple plain ones. but they cost the same, i just cannot bring myself to pay hundreds of dollars for a simple ring that looks just like one you can get at shops such as couple lab!!

harmony

I'm responding late in the game...rojak, you've already probably bought a ring and decided by now. But I think if a bride-to-be already has a diamond engagement ring, a plain wedding band is enough. Most women I know have a diamond only on their engagement ring...and a plain wedding band.Personally, I prefer classic wedding bands such as these
http://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-and-anniversary/Classic-Wedding-Rings/
but i guess it's all a matter of personal preference

samsmith

Inactive Member
ah, that type of ring design is called eternity ring?
nice name!

thanks pinnpinn !

Yes eternity rings are at its best........
This ring can be given at anytime to anyone....
Wedding band with a diamond will really make an attractive gift or an option..... :)

Shelia

Hi, if you are worried about the diamonds will drop you can choose the wedding band with no diamond. But as a girl, I perfer the Diamond on wedding band.

i0x

Is it necessary for the wedding bands to be exactly the same design for the bride and the groom?

I think a diamond design would fit the bride's taste while a plain version might better suit the groom.

venussnow

i agree with ur friends too. i was in a dilemma too when i had to get my wedding bands and i decide to go for half circle of diamonds as the band without diamonds is alwiz underneath. there are several nice wedding bands under the celestial series tt u can take a look @. hope it helps

Hmm ... do you girls have any opinion of getting a full "circle" or half "circle" of diamonds for your wedding band?

My solitaire ring was altered to right size. But months later, it just starts "rolling" to the side. -.-

Hence, by seeing it "rolling", I am considering of getting full "circle" diamonds. But then, my friends said that not necessary as it is always underneath.

Jiemin

half circle eternity ring is better, just in case 20 years down the road, you need the alter your ring, it will allow you to do so.

skyic3

Inactive Member
looking diamond for anniversary gift or wedding. diamonds ring, jewellery, Necklace?

Looking for gifts for ?
-Birthday
-anniversary
-weddings
-fun

Thinking to get a best gift for your friend/wife/marriage?
Best friend that you cared? thinking to buy a diamond as a gift?
Time to get a diamonds for your wife anniversary?
Time to get marriage, looking for the high end diamonds ring? as it's once in lifetime? going be with here for 1314?
Free to contact me @96892044. No harm contacting if you're interested
The retail shop at marina, I'll show you around, and there will be a assistance guild you if you have any question. doesnt matter buying or not. the important is it's whether if you like it so just feel free to contact me if you want to enquire about it. cheers! and all the best to anyone of you out there

Free to contact me @96892044. No harm contacting if you're interested
The retail shop at marina, I'll show you around, and there will be a assistance guild you if you have any question. doesnt matter buying or not. the important is it's whether if you like it so just feel free to contact me if you want to enquire about it. cheers! and all the best to anyone of you out there

It's a high end diamond, there's no stock at the retail shop itself.
When you buy, then they make out. so you dun have to worries about ppl wear it before or not. it's totall brand new
able to customise what type of diamonds yourself as well