How to choose a wedding planner?

celinehgl

Hey all, I am new to this forum...i don't know how to search the forum...so don't mind if i post here.

I just feeling curious for those who have engaged wedding planner for their wedding, what criteria did you based to choose them?

My friend went to different wedding planning companies but all are very nice to her...so wondering if anyone can help

astutekitty

Hi Celinehgl

Welcome to PerfectWeddings forum.

You can actually browse through the posting and you will sure find information that need to know in future and even some ideas for your decision.

As for engaged wedding planner, we will normally based on their services and what have they done so far for the couples ... so the first time meeting is really very important ... I guess this is the time where they show you all the events that they have took part previously.

However, this BIG event took part in one of the chapter in your life time event. Hence, I will recommend you to get involved in planning your own wedding.

To them, as long as you have the money, you can have many requests as long as they have enough time and resources to find the "items" you need for the event.

This type of experience you will only have once and once you missed it, you will regret ... Just my opinion ... we girls here in perfect weddings have or had planned our own wedding.

We can do it, you can too :)

chloelee

Oh or if you have any close friends, you could get them to help you to plan too, it'll be quite a meaningful affair involving them in your big day.. =)

geraldineyap

I think the most important thing in lookin for a weddin planner is communication? does the planner sound like someone who knows what you want? ultimately it's your weddin and the planner is there to make it happen for you. :) cost would be part of the consideration also i guess?

germainetay

Engaging a wedding planner can range from $2-4kish ba.. the upside is they do all the coordination work, good for busy ppl :)

lassymoo

yeah i wud think it's good for busy ppl! the couple can still involve themselves in the ideas and ultimately, what they want is what the wedding planner should help to make come true? that fee for the wedding planner will help to save the couple the time from running about. :)

PerfectPixie

Hi celine, you can check out Perfect Weddings recommended wedding planners here: Wedding Planners

I'm sure they will be able to help your friend in her wedding. A wedding planner is good for those who are busy and have no time to plan for their wedding, it will help to save alot of time in the coordination. :)

stevesoh

So if a couple wana have a handsoff approach- wedding planner can help with all the coordination, scouting for photographers, bridal shops etc?

calliecal818

Stevesoh, I also believe in a hands off approach... that is only IF the wedding planner you choose is very trusted because you've already seen their work. I read this article that I believe offers great advice on how and why you should hire a wedding photographer first, and THEN hire a wedding planner. It talks about how wedding inspiration for a bride to be can come from the photographer's previous work, as can some unbiased samples and images of work that a wedding planner has done for the weddings in the photographs. So when you hire a photographer, make sure you look at some samples of their work and ask who the wedding planner was for the one with the prettiest pictures :)

Cheryln

I went for my friend's wedding and it was one of the nicest I have been to. She highly recommended her planner to me and I met up with her. i wanna engage her as well cuz she is planning for 2 of our mutual friend wedding and so far they are happy with her service.

However, the planner is already taken on my intended wedding date. I have reserved the date with my hotel but I haven't booked yet. Should I change my wedding date cuz I really want that particular planner to be around on my wedding date or should I engage another planner?

Any recommendation please msg me

dixie

We try to research and read reviews about prospect wedding planners.. we also try to consider someone with extensive experience.

nellybel

we actually view their portfolios and do research first. then we choose the person who we feel has the same style and personalty as us.

butteriecup

We made sure that we feel comfortable working with the wedding planner and that he or she respects our ideas and suggestions.

ohmyvenus

Hi there! This site offers you different readings and information about different aspects of wedding planning. Best of luck!

mehmeh

Yeah I think it's important to be able to communicate with the planner and that you feel comfortable with them. Pick someone that isn't afraid to voice out opinions but isn't disrespectful, someone that will help you enhance your vision of your wedding and help you execute it! Good luck :)