Jiemeis and Xiongdis

kimchoo

hey girls...wondering if any of you hv experienced any difficult jiemeis or xiongdis as you r preparing for ur wedding? some jiemeis don't want to wear certain colors/ cuts, etc while the xiongdis keep insisting everything is dumb...:cursing:

sometimes wish can just tell them so unwilling then dun do la! :cursing:

rojak

hi kimchoo, besides bridezillas there are jiemei-zillas and xiongdi-zillas!! >.< but relax.. there are ways of getting around things.. everyone has their own preferences.. if some jiemeis are uncomfortable with certain cuts, then we should try to accomodate them as much as we can.. take their opinion into consideration. however, color a little more difficult, since if you already have a color theme for your wedding, then they need to dress accordingly. if you're buying the bridesmaid dresses for them, then really they have not much say in choosing the color (getting their opinion is our way of respecting them, not their right!). but if they're the ones paying for the dress, you might want to consider getting a neutral color that they will be happy, and yet matches your color theme as much as possible. if you have very bossy jiemeis who want to dictate the style of your wedding / food you serve / people you invite, ignore them!!! it's YOUR wedding, not theirs! as for the xiongdis, there are always super onz and super sianz ones around. don't let those sianz ones dampen your happy spirit! if they're unwilling to do certain things, leave it as that. it doesn't really matter, coz the limelight is yours. :) but i would recommend you make sure you do have a couple of onz xiongids to ensure a rowdy and happening day :)

that said, if they are getting too difficult, let them go! you have so many friends you can choose from as xiongdis and jiemeis. it's your big day, you have the final say! cheers! :)

Tenshi

it really depends on wat you want lah so people just want to look good with lots of jiemeis and xiongdis with not much of them are of help to you on that day. some will have just a few but can work out well with each other and on that day you can just depends on them.

anyway i believe all the xiongdis so call dumb things they insist should be just joking la and ask for your jiemeis hummmm JIEMEIS right so they should try to accomodate to you mah even they dun look nice on that day they still have to accomodate la ... but of course not to the extend that you are asking too much from them la.

but then say frankly you do also want your jiemeis to look good on that day la so you have to try to give in a bit here and there la. remember .. it always takes two hands to clap this does not apply to couples only but also to friends too. try to choose colour team easier then cutting of the dress.

as for xiondis just make sure they are around to help out as and when needed. Especially during the morning back up your htb and the night help to drink ... hahahah

if you are having lots of jiemeis and xiongdis pick one of each to be the coordinator of the group so watever you want just tell the coordinator can liao.

dun be upset. i believe they just want to spice up the discussion and they are also feeling the excitment for your big day to come. They are looking forward to that big day as much as both of you looking forward too la

cheesecake

i also facing such problem actually. I have 5 xiong-dis and 5 jie-meis.

The jiemei problem :-
Only 5 jiemeis. But the size is really S, M, L, XL and XXL. Initially i wanted to MTM dress for them. But....

Problem : The S & M size wanted to wear something nice and dont mind to wear sleeveless, tube dress & etc. The XL size lady wanted to wear something gaga. The XXL size lady say got too many fats. She wanted to wear dress that can cover her fats (which i could understand).

Now, my solution is... get them to wear their own fave dress. But all white. Sighh! I know it is not what i wanted. But i dont have a choice when different people gives me different expectation.

The XiongDi's Problem :-
Only 5 XiongDi's. But seriously they are not sporty enough loh! I dont understand why my htb wants them to be the XiongDi's. I can see that they machiam not very willing to do it leh. And when we casually talk about the dressing of the XiongDi's. I say "since you guys are from same school, why not u all wear school uniform?"... And i gana from one of them, say "Please lah! U wedding your problem. Dont make us doll up like a clown lah!"

Problem : If i can, i really wish to change the whole batch of XiongDi's! But i know i cant loh. It's my HTB's friend. I have no say. Sighh!!!

meilingg

oh dear~ the remarks made by one of the xiong di is too mean already.

i guess it's hard to find all perfect cooperative jiemeis and xiongdis...

rojak

i also facing such problem actually. I have 5 xiong-dis and 5 jie-meis.

The jiemei problem :-
Only 5 jiemeis. But the size is really S, M, L, XL and XXL. Initially i wanted to MTM dress for them. But....

Problem : The S & M size wanted to wear something nice and dont mind to wear sleeveless, tube dress & etc. The XL size lady wanted to wear something gaga. The XXL size lady say got too many fats. She wanted to wear dress that can cover her fats (which i could understand).

Now, my solution is... get them to wear their own fave dress. But all white. Sighh! I know it is not what i wanted. But i dont have a choice when different people gives me different expectation.

The XiongDi's Problem :-
Only 5 XiongDi's. But seriously they are not sporty enough loh! I dont understand why my htb wants them to be the XiongDi's. I can see that they machiam not very willing to do it leh. And when we casually talk about the dressing of the XiongDi's. I say "since you guys are from same school, why not u all wear school uniform?"... And i gana from one of them, say "Please lah! U wedding your problem. Dont make us doll up like a clown lah!"

Problem : If i can, i really wish to change the whole batch of XiongDi's! But i know i cant loh. It's my HTB's friend. I have no say. Sighh!!!

oh dear.. the xiongdi that said it so mean! :(

as for your jiemei's problem, what you can do is, to get them the multiway dresses. these are very popular now.. free size, and can "choose" how they want to wear it too! will be uniform coz it's still exact same color and material, but different way of dressing, so will suit how they want to play around it and hide / reveal their fats / good figures. :)

cheesecake

oh dear.. the xiongdi that said it so mean! :(

as for your jiemei's problem, what you can do is, to get them the multiway dresses. these are very popular now.. free size, and can "choose" how they want to wear it too! will be uniform coz it's still exact same color and material, but different way of dressing, so will suit how they want to play around it and hide / reveal their fats / good figures. :)

Ehh.. where to get this kind of thing ah? I mean... Multiway dresses?

kimchoo

rojak: gd advice...main thing is to let them get to us...otherwise really spoiling our moods...dress color cream should be ok but there is one or two who said the color isn't flattering for her...

tenshi: yeah i've heard of those with jiemeis who spent the whole time taking photos of themselves while the bride is left to handle things by herself... =.=""" the drinking party for the dinner doesn't have to be the xioingdis...hehe...

cheesecake: aiyoo...must be quite headache for you...the dress solution that rojak suggested is a good idea. the dresses are convertible so your jiemeis can just wear the dress in the style they would like. try googling for it. m sure you can find online and not too pricey too!

about the xiongdi, haizzz...sometimes I don't get it either. it's like you are a xiongdi to a buddy and it's asking for abit of sportiness, rite? ok lah, it takes both hands to clap so the ladies oso shouldn't come up with the very guo fen things. really feels like gotta please so many people at one time...

rojak

Ehh.. where to get this kind of thing ah? I mean... Multiway dresses?

Hey cheesecake, there are aloit of places that sell multiway now, be it online blogshops or physical shops. since your bridesmaids are of varying sizes, i would suggest custom-making the multiway. the MTM bridemaid shop at fareast (love potion) does it. just ask for multiway dresses and they will know.

rojak

rojak: gd advice...main thing is to let them get to us...otherwise really spoiling our moods...dress color cream should be ok but there is one or two who said the color isn't flattering for her...

tenshi: yeah i've heard of those with jiemeis who spent the whole time taking photos of themselves while the bride is left to handle things by herself... =.=""" the drinking party for the dinner doesn't have to be the xioingdis...hehe...

cheesecake: aiyoo...must be quite headache for you...the dress solution that rojak suggested is a good idea. the dresses are convertible so your jiemeis can just wear the dress in the style they would like. try googling for it. m sure you can find online and not too pricey too!

about the xiongdi, haizzz...sometimes I don't get it either. it's like you are a xiongdi to a buddy and it's asking for abit of sportiness, rite? ok lah, it takes both hands to clap so the ladies oso shouldn't come up with the very guo fen things. really feels like gotta please so many people at one time...

yeah i agree it takes 2 to clap lah.. so for like my xiongdis are a little more shy (except for 1), i will exclude them from all the big actions and not force them to dance/sing/walk down the aisle etc.. dresscode also simpler, anything we want them to wear we will buy for them so there is no excuse.. :)

kimchoo

no dancing/ singing, etc should be good for them! or most guys! wonder if there are guys who wud be willing to do a little dance down the aisles like in Glee!

cheesecake

no dancing/ singing, etc should be good for them! or most guys! wonder if there are guys who wud be willing to do a little dance down the aisles like in Glee!

i wanted to request. But i dont dare. the way i see the xiongdis that i have... i lost hope liao.

Tenshi

cheesecake try asking you never know they might suprise you with their answer... but... of course you discuss with you htb and try to lure them into the trap lah hahahaha try to find some fun will doing your things la if really cant then forget it.

rojak mentioned love potion at far east. my gf did MTM our jie mei dresses for us over there last year I will say their sewing so so only (dun have too much high expectation). price wise not sure cause I did not pay for it.

rojak

haha yar my jiemeis wanted to do that, but my xiongdis probably won't! well, they can easily get away lah.. but my htb can't get away from anything i decide!! muahahahahaha

rojak

cheesecake try asking you never know they might suprise you with their answer... but... of course you discuss with you htb and try to lure them into the trap lah hahahaha try to find some fun will doing your things la if really cant then forget it.

rojak mentioned love potion at far east. my gf did MTM our jie mei dresses for us over there last year I will say their sewing so so only (dun have too much high expectation). price wise not sure cause I did not pay for it.

yup! it's very popular for jiemei dresses. i had a friend who did there recently too, and she also mentioned the workmanship isn't too great. the prices are ~80-120, depending on design, and number of dresses you want. the cheaper options are when u just want made to order, not made to measure (meaning for girls of standard S/M/L sizes). But they are quite dependable IMO.. another shop i went to at fareast (cheaper by ~$20) told me that they can order the dresses, but if they don't fit or if the colors turn out different from what we selected from the catalogue, they will not do anything. and that shop has very very limited designs as compared to love potion. just drop by love potion and check it out. no harm, and it's in town, can just go shopping thereafter! :D

retrodots

the glee thing will be quite fun if the band of brothers and sisters r up for it! really makes the wedding more fun i think. hehehe :)

wah...costs $80-$120 for the jie mei dresses..? is it expected of the couple to pay for them?

pinnpinn

I guess sometimes u really need to respect those xiao dis and jie meis of yours. They are, in a way, helping you out with ur wedding. Thus, its better if u can get opinion from them (dressing etc), and come out with something that can really satisfy ur needs and not putting them in a difficult position. You wont wanna offend them by saying the wrong thing (Especially if they are ur HTB's friend, vice versa)

pinnpinn

the glee thing will be quite fun if the band of brothers and sisters r up for it! really makes the wedding more fun i think. hehehe :)

wah...costs $80-$120 for the jie mei dresses..? is it expected of the couple to pay for them?

But everyone is doing the Glee thing nowadays :X out of the 3 weddings I've seen, 2 did that. It's fun, but sometimes its hard to watch >< In a way. It's soo much different from what u see in Glee.

rojak

But everyone is doing the Glee thing nowadays :X out of the 3 weddings I've seen, 2 did that. It's fun, but sometimes its hard to watch >< In a way. It's soo much different from what u see in Glee.

haha issit? i've never seen any! think my friends are more boring. hahaah. i guess it will only look the same if all the jiemeis+xiongdis are onz enuff, and the choreographing is good. they copy the exact same moves!?

rojak

it's not expected, but a bonus for them. it depends on how you want to do it.. you can pay for the dresses, or let them pay and give them bigger angbao at the end of the day (which should cover the dresses) :)