Wedding Mid of year is Inauspicious??

venuspeh

Hi, I just wonder why most people held their wedding banquet end of the year (which is the most expensive period)? Why seldom did people marry Mid of the year? Is it because it is inauspicious??

Jiemin

Hi, I just wonder why most people held their wedding banquet end of the year (which is the most expensive period)? Why seldom did people marry Mid of the year? Is it because it is inauspicious??
Not to sure but I heard of it. At first want to hold ROM in the mid of the year, HTB's mum said not good cause as mid of the year is half, somehow not good for couple. We didn't ask in detail, since she does not like it, we just change the month for ROM. Interested to know what is the meaning behind it too.

venuspeh

hmm.. i heard is cos in chinese (got head got tail) like more complete for the couple.
if mid wedding is it (mei tou mei wei - no head no tail).. so will get the couple to no where... and also mid wedding (lk lunar July..) is hungry ghost festival so more pang dang for marriage...

camlim

Seriously all the hoo-har all created nonsense to boot up wedding price at the end of the year etc... you mean those people who last time marry on any month still can seldom divorce, so where is the logic.

Marriage is about u 2 person constantly work on it to maintain it etc... Even there are example of 50-100 tables with good dates and location and split the end, so where is the logic.

Last time people who are less-educated no such no nonsense can stay for a life-time and nowadays instead of most edcuated people can't even survive their diamond years.

Jiemin

Hi Camlim, yes many taboo can be quite nonsense.
However some of our parents mind about it, we do not want to quarrel with them about it since wedding is a happy occasion.
Other than this issue, there are other issues that they are strongly against, black details on wedding dress, black banquet theme(not too sure black/red cause it looks nice),
If your family had no concern about it will be great, not everyone is so lucky.
End of year might be expensive may not because of wedding, we must also factor in thing like company end of year D&D, union dinner, prom night, Christmas celebration.

Glitzger

For those who believe in fortune telling, auspicious dates.. I've checked and found out that people don't hold weddings in the lunar 5th, 6th and 7th months because they are 5月(闹穷),6月(半年夫妻),7月(鬼月)... Just sharing..

pinkyspree

huh really.. .shocked .....i thinking of getting married in June 2013 wor. which is in the lunar 5th month.. arghh ;(

Glitzger

huh really.. .shocked .....i thinking of getting married in June 2013 wor. which is in the lunar 5th month.. arghh ;(

Try to check if the whole month of June is within lunar 5th month..can try to avoid.. but if everything booked then no choice...

zyroo

oh yes, i wanted to get married in june too. Summer wedding. :) but the shi fu says no. something about no one will want a June bride. He refused to give me a date. But for May, he said its ok.

camlim

Moral of the story, all the crap talking which is good or bad dates... there people recently I ask about their cancellation of the wedding, 2 months ago book a auspicious date, 2 months later breakup.. before the wedding...

There goes myth of auspicious... MARRIAGE IS ABOUT WHETHER U 2 CAN WORK THE DIFFERENCE even before your marriage to maintain your Relationship present or future.,, If cannot, GOOD DATES CAN'T SAVE YOUR MARRIAGE EVEN WITH parents blessing...

zyroo

camlim, i agree with you no doubt that marriage takes 2 to clap. However if a good date can maximise luck, i think that will please all parties. Everything off to a good start. :)

Booking the date doesn't harness the auspiciousness. Getting married that day does.

If the couple break up before the wedding, it may be a good thing, cos they are just not compatible with each other.