Need help. Recommendation for wedding montage songs

summerrain

Hi,
Need some recommendations for wedding montage songs & march in.

I have the following songs in mind.
- Rhythm of Love
- It Might Be You
- What A wonderful world
- Nothing going to change my love for you
- Drenched by Wanting- not sure if it is appropriate but I simply love the song

Thanks in advance.

ZSW

you can try googling for wedding songs and choose from a list there. i personally like the gift, on this day for march ins. and let your love flow for a catchy montage.
but hubby doesnt like so in the end we chose other songs.

summerrain

Anyone knows where to get Beautiful in white by westlife? I googled and know its a demo. Can't seem to find cd. Tia

ZSW

our hotel didn't mention anything abt this. anyway it's for our own listening and own use. not going to broadcast this anywhere else. so i guess it should be fine.
i download from www.sogou.com. you can try if you dont mind. you must be able to read simple chinese words though

PinkCandy

Ad-hoc Licence for Reproduction of Sound Recordings into a videocassette tape or VCD or DVD as background music by per wedding couple for their wedding videography or photo montage.

Rate per Qualifying Wedding Videograph: S$90.00

taken from the web http://www.rips.com.sg/wedding/

summerrain

I'm really confused. I've heard if you do not want pay RIPs fee, can stream in background music from another source ie your montage has got no music. Can give hotel in mp3 format or must be in CD?

If buy from itune, can transfer e mp3 file out? Thanks.

summerrain

Hi,
Just to share. I've written to RIPs to clarify.

If you plan to embed sound recordings in montage, have to pay for 2 licenses.

1) Reproduction of Sound Recordings as background music for Wedding
Videography or Photo Montage (Category C). The licence fee is $96.30
(inclusive of 7% GST).

2) Reproduction of Lyrics and Musical Works as background music for Wedding
Videography or Photo Montage (Category 3). The licence fee is $107.00
(inclusive of 7% GST).

Total $203.30 for up to 5 songs.

If you do not have any music in your montage ie you stream in music from another source ie CD player, no licenses required. Must use original CDs.

melaniexin

I'm wondering did anyone really go applied and paid to RIPS for the license? My wedding coordinator advised me that we still need to pay to RIPS for the march in songs even if we bought the original CD album. I intend to use "Beautiful in white" by Westlife. It's so meaningful and romantic.

summerrain

I'm wondering did anyone really go applied and paid to RIPS for the license? My wedding coordinator advised me that we still need to pay to RIPS for the march in songs even if we bought the original CD album. I intend to use "Beautiful in white" by Westlife. It's so meaningful and romantic.

Me too. Unfortunately this song was not in Westlife CD album. You can't get in iTunes either. Read its a leak song

melaniexin

I just bought some CD for my wedding use. Decide to play the album of "Best of Olivia" as background music throughout the wedding. I like her voice so soft and the songs alsoo seem romantic and filled of love v suitable to b played at the wedding. Another CD is "Love collection" coz i'm using one of the song inside album as my 2nd march in song. --> You're still the one by Shania Twain. Do you think it's suitable for wedding? I just find the lyric is v meaningful for two of us:)

Other than "Beautiful in white", "Dreams come true " also v nice and romantic for march in song. I like it blend with the Canon in D music in this song. I will choose either one, not v sure if i can find the CD for these two songs anot =(

Let me know if you can find the "Beautiful in white":)

melaniexin

For the licensing, my VG said he has paid for the RIPS licensing. My hotel alrdy paid for Compass one. So, i dun pay for it.

melaniexin

Me too. Unfortunately this song was not in Westlife CD album. You can't get in iTunes either. Read its a leak song

Do u think it's possible recorded in Shane Ward's album? Saw his album as well by chance but the particular song was not in the album. I checked with the staff but unfortunately the other album was out of stock.

karoruluv

Hi, if we pay for the RIPS license fee, do we still need to produce the original CDs? All these licensing is giving me a big headache.