Wedding Theme

rojak

What type of theme will you be having for your wedding?

I'm thinking of Disney(Mickey&Minnie) or blue.

my friend just did disney! quite cool, the march in musics were all disney songs, emcees wore mickey and minnie gloves, friends sang disney songs as performance... there was a photobooth with various disney hats and accesssories too~

meilingg

my friend just did disney! quite cool, the march in musics were all disney songs, emcees wore mickey and minnie gloves, friends sang disney songs as performance... there was a photobooth with various disney hats and accesssories too~

wow! sound so cool! Your friend very innovative!
Oh, friends can have some performance too yah... cool!

sotong1003

mine will be hello kitty/daniel plus pink and polka dots theme.
the whole ambiance will be like castle, king & queen feel. etc
and to enhance to whole place to make it more romantic, we have added in a little of seaside details.

emilyy

wow you ladies are so creative! i think themed weddings are so cool haha. reminds me of one 'classroom' wedding i saw from my friend hehe. I'm playing with the thoughts of having a disney princesses themed wedding haha.. i think many ladies always dreamed of being a disney princess secretly! :wub:

ilovepierrot

Inactive Member
Hi everyone!

I agree, planning to have my wedding Disney themed as well. but it's going to be a headache to plan.

There was only one company i found that does all this.. I think they're called.. Butterflies and Cakes or something.

Quite reasonably priced as well.

morningsun

My friend had a 'crane' themed one with paper pastel-coloured cranes hanging around the place, was much work but was a really nice effect!

rojak

morningsun: i was just thinking of that! i'm thinking of folding 1000 cranes for my own wedding.. use for decor, either lining the stage or around the ballroom or put around the reception.. is this what your friend did? it's to follow an old legend / tradition of the japanese.. just have to work out the logistics (1000 should be doable since i still have months), and figure out where to put them, coz the hotel would be decorated with flowers already.. maybe the reception so people can take photos when they're early :)

Thousand origami cranes (千羽鶴, Senbadsuru?) is a group of one thousand origami paper cranes held together by strings. An ancient Japanese legend promises that anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted a wish by a crane, such as long life or recovery from illness or injury. The crane in Japan is one of the mystical or holy creatures (others include the dragon and the tortoise), and is said to live for a thousand years. In Japan, it is commonly said that folding 1000 paper origami cranes makes a person's wish come true. This makes them popular gifts for special friends and family.

A thousand paper cranes are traditionally given as a wedding gift by the folder, who is wishing a thousand years of happiness and prosperity upon the couple. They can also be gifted to a new baby for long life and good luck. Hanging a Senbazuru in one's home is thought to be a powerfully lucky and benevolent charm.

Sets of origami paper are sold widely in Japan, with Senbazuru sets including 1000 (or more, in case of mistakes) sheets of paper, string, and beads to place at the end of each string to the cranes slipping off.[1] Commonly the cranes are assembled as 25 strings of 40 cranes each.[1] The size of the origami paper does not matter when assembling a thousand paper cranes, but smaller sheets consequently yield smaller and lighter strings of cranes. The most popular size for Senbazuru cranes is 75 by 75 millimetres (3.0 × 3.0 in). Some people cut their own squares of paper from anything available, such as magazines.

Origami paper used for Senbazuru is usually of a solid color, though printed designs are also available. Larger size origami paper, usually 6x6 inches, often has traditional Japanese or flower designs, reminiscent of kimono patterns.

rojak

Hi everyone!

I agree, planning to have my wedding Disney themed as well. but it's going to be a headache to plan.

There was only one company i found that does all this.. I think they're called.. Butterflies and Cakes or something.

Quite reasonably priced as well.

ohh butterflies and cakes do very nice decors!! but are you sure it's reasonably priced? haven't checked out the range.. but the decorations they do can be so extensive it would be quite a deal if it was reasonably priced!

morningsun

hi rojak!

Yes, we hung it around the ballroom! It was more than 1000cranes though... it was much work but the effect was worth it.

rojak

hi rojak!

Yes, we hung it around the ballroom! It was more than 1000cranes though... it was much work but the effect was worth it.

Hey morningsun! AROUND THE BALLROOM!!! that must have been 10000 cranes lah!! amazing!! must have taken months to fold them, and alot of work to keep the strands un-entangled while putting it up! May I know which hotel ballroom you used? I'm wondering now if the hotel will allow.. have yet to call them.. but i'm really excited about it too! htb is very keen on this idea, which is rare! hehe. think it's the meaning of "blessed marriage" that makes him wanna do it. not just for the sake of themes. we're probably going to do golden cranes with a few red random ones.. what color did you do? I'm just wondering how to incorporate this into my "travel themed" wedding.. it'd probably going to be a curtain of cranes at the entrance of the church when i walk in.. haven't thought of where to put it for the hotel tho..