Is it too early to plan my wedding for 2013?

zephnana

I tried finding some hotels that i have shortlisted for my banquet, however the price is not listed yet. Is it too early now? How big will be the price difference for 2012 & 2013?

I need to do budgeting. Anyone could help?

Jiemin

Call or email them to find out more.
Some of them might allow you to book with 2012 plus additional increase of $30 to $100 as per shingo mention.

hongyl

haha, i've already booked my banquet for 3Q 2013, i'm super kiasu!

The price difference is around $30+ per table.

Jiemin

haha, i've already booked my banquet for 3Q 2013, i'm super kiasu!

The price difference is around $30+ per table.

Hongyl, it's ok.. We booked ours for Dec 2013. Unless there is a price reduction, we did not have regret since we are able to get the date we like.. I heard it is very hard to get banquet for dec 2012 already.

zephnana

Hi, some hotels have release their price list..gotta email to the hotels.. which are the hotels you have shortlist? I will be having mine in 2013 as well.

Price diff can be $30++ to $100 for some..

Hello... Im thinking about Grand Corpthone Waterfront, Holiday Inn SG Orchard City Centre, Furama RiverFront or Pan Pacific. I need min. of 40 tables. Price is also another issue for me. Which hotel your looking at? Mind to share? :)

Jiemin

I am now waiting for Sheraton hotel package to be out for 2013 3Q..eqe Hopefully they increase by $30 not more than that. I compare the price for 2012 n early 2013, price diff is $30..

Alternative hotel would be Amara hotel..

That the thing, the increase for M hotel for lunch from 2012 to 2013 is a lot.
2011 to 2012 is only $40++.
However did check with my coordinator, when 2013 price is out and the increase is too high, she will give us that rate.
Therefore no issue with signing with them.

Jiemin

Holiday Inn Orchard price is not, they refuse to sell any package for 2013 during Oct BOWS.
Therefore is out of our list. Ballroom wise is great.
Grand Park City Hall increase by $30 till March 2013 during their show, however did not ask them about Dec 2013, guess the price will be much higher so we drop the thought, else it is a good choice since we are looking for hotels do not have their reception area share with another event/wedding.

Jiemin

that's very nice of your coordinator..i wanted to book mine with Sheraton but they do not allow cos the package is not out yet..hopefully Sheraton offers the same perks as the roadshow in Nov with not much price diff..

Normally the first thing they will not allow, however tell them you are very sincere to book with them.
Coordinator will help to check with their manager about it, maybe they are able to help?

Jiemin

Hello... Im thinking about Grand Corpthone Waterfront, Holiday Inn SG Orchard City Centre, Furama RiverFront or Pan Pacific. I need min. of 40 tables. Price is also another issue for me. Which hotel your looking at? Mind to share? :)

Zephnana, I happened to see this people selling off her package for Holiday Inn SG Orchard.
http://www.perfectweddings.sg/forum...-inn-orchard-2012-a-2481-post19792/#post19792
This package can use up to June 2013, quite a steal if you are planning to marry within 1st half.

zephnana

Glitzger

Am looking at Crowne Plaza Changi but they haven't release their 2013 rates from Q2 onwards... So scared the date I want get taken.. Haha!

marine

Hi Jiemin,

im planning for 3rd quater of 2013. think the package is a bit too early for me. Anyway thanks for the info. I thinking of attending some wedding shows to see if it helps. :)

any idea any wedding shows coming up soon? i'm starting on my research of pre wedding photography n AD stuff as well.

Jiemin

any idea any wedding shows coming up soon? i'm starting on my research of pre wedding photography n AD stuff as well.

Wedding Shows as in hotel show or just bridal shows?
BOWS is from 6~8 Jan. http://www.bows.sg/
Currently in the list there are 12 bridals, 16 banquet hotels/groups.
9 photography/cinematography groups and a few others.

dahlingg

I am starting to plan for my wedding dinner in Nov 2013 as well. I think we need to start early so as to come up with the best plan possible. Im looking into a beach wedding. So far, still no concrete plans yet. If you guys know any places which could make a great beach wedding venue. Please do update! thanks

sodacolor

hello, so is booking it in advance cheaper or more expensive?
also, where can i find those auspicious wedding dates for 2012 & 2013?

BeckyBenett

I'm starting to plan my wedding in 2013. But I'm just looking at the hotel packages for now. It's difficult for me as I need to find a hotel that serves a halal banquet.