Venue for a Intimate and Small Scale Wedding Dinner (70 - 80 guests) - Need advice!

Minkfly

Hi! I'm planning a simple and intimate wedding that will take place next year (2016), either in June, September or November (we want a specific date which is why we've shortlisted these months). It'll be a small affair with just a solemnization and then dinner for everyone.

Venue

Both my fiance and I shy away from grand, large scale events so we definitely don't want the usual lavish wedding banquet. I have an estimated guest list of about 70 - 80 people. In fact, I'm veering towards booking a solemnization package which comes with a catered dinner (either a set dinner or buffet) since most banquets have a minimum table count that we're unable to meet with our small guest list. Budget-wise, we're looking at a cap of $10k (okay to exceed a little but not too much), but of course, the lower the better.

I'd like a rustic and romantic fairytale theme for the wedding, which is why I don't really think Chinese restaurants will work very well in terms of venue. Also, my fiance doesn't like heat and insects (and neither do I), so outdoor wedding venues might not work very well. Aircon is highly desired.

So far, I'm considering the following places:

Restaurants:
Skyve
Spruce
Masons
Nosh
Lewin Terrace

Hotels:
Village Hotel at Changi

* Haven't been able to find many hotel options so I'd love more recommendations.

Would really appreciate more recommendations and / or reviews / thoughts about some of the venues that I'm looking at so far. Thanks so much in advance!

I haven't actually reached out to any venues yet, just trying to shortlist a few first.

[Also, a huge bonus if the venue would allow my (very well behaved and adorable) dog to be present as well (under constant supervision, of course!)]

Minkfly

Okay, responding to my own thread. eheh. This is my current list of possible venues for 70 to 80 people.

Restaurants:
Skyve
Spruce
Masons
Nosh
Lewin Terrace
One Rochester
1-Altitude

Hotels:
Village Hotel at Changi
Furama City Centre
Furama Riverfront
Hotel Re!

Will be reaching out to them soon for price quotations / information, so PM me if you'd like me to share my findings with you.

ALYssendria

I'm considering white rabbit for my group of 50-60pax but not sure if they will allow us to use the indoors with my tiny group. That's basically the only place I'm interested in. =(

My aunt did hers at One Rochester (if I'm not wrong). Food was meh & the light outside was terrible at night, not to mention the mosquitos!

Minkfly

Oh gosh, thanks for sharing about One Rochester. I'll probably cross that off my list then, I don't want to be a banquet for the mozzies.

From what I read, I think White Rabbit accepts 60 guests (probably for the indoors), but it's non-exclusive. I haven't checked it out with them myself but it sounds like you'd have to share the space with other diners.

Hi babes, firstly congratulations!
There are hotels which can cater small weddings!
You just need to email them to find out.
I have looked for the following:
Hilton
Sheraton towers,
Intercontinental,
Singapore Marriott

Abit ex than restaurants but quite affordable if you forego alcohol and some perks.

herrera

Congratulations! So where did you hold your wedding eventually? I am interested in small-scaled one too.

Erudite

best outdoor venue for 50pax

I'm also looking for outdoor venue for intimate wedding of 50-70 pax. Anyone care to share some info of 2017 packages?

icecandle

Hi, I had my wedding at North Border Bar & Grill in Rochester Park. I had a garden wedding theme. You can look at the some of the pictures in here or here

They do 50 pax and up.

Nicolezhenzhen

Am also looking for the same thingy too... a rustic fairytale romantic wedding theme ard 100pax.. and I need my furry lover (my dog) to be there....

kevinchang

Looking for budget rom venue

i'm looking for budget ROM venue on march 2017. can give me any advise since my budget around 2.2k.

Riyo

I'm also looking for a wedding dinner venue for around 80pax. Just dinner without solemnization.

hapiebubbles

Im also looking for a cosy wedding solemnization cum lunch venue for app 120-150pax. My fiance do not prefer hotel venue though. Can advise?

hellogiggles

we're gonna look at Stuttgart Blackforest S-Cafe... interesting German-themed venue and food, just a bit worried if the older folks would fancy the pork knuckles and all :) For Chinese style can consider Tung Lok restaurants?