Wedding Preparation - How involved is your HTB?

kimchoo

Hi girls, just wanted to find out how involved is your HTB during your wedding preparation? some guys just leave the girls to do everything by saying "i leave it all to u" but the wedding preparation not so easy for just 1 person to manage. especially if the person has to also work...
what are ur experiences..?

meilingg

My HTB are involved to most of the preparation. I still think he is doing more than me! haha. Some tasks we will discuss and do it together...

jeweled

Im not that lucky ): My HTB is really busy with work. So i got to handle most of the stuff. Luckily the wedding is next year! But then, there always seem to have never ending tasks to do!

kimchoo

meilingg: that's very good of your HTB! the involvement he is showing must also reassure you a lot... :)

jeweled: aiyoo...being busy with work is quite a common thing nowadays lor...but u muz also be a very independent woman who can manage most of the wedding preparations by yourself! :) jia you!!

mellowhearts

My hubby played a huge role in the wedding planning/ preparation because sometimes I just got so overwhelmed with work and the many things to do for the wedding that I just couldn't handle anymore things. He stepped up and stepped in to support me in very many practical ways so I could just breathe for abit. Really appreciate him! :)

satinshoes

Here and there I guess. Everyone is busy with work and as long as he is involved one way or another, that's important.

Ning87

I think i more involved. he only responsible for cheering me on and driving me all over the place and support me with my crazy ideas!! LOL.. think coz im a control freak.. i feel better when i can control it.. so he takes a backseat.

pretty bride

haha i guess it depends on the couple dynamics. my ROM was more of my effort, but he did input advices and all that, and now in prep for the wedding next year, he's really stepping up and doing alot more (even more than me!) i think cos i feeling a little lazy after all the prep for the ROM hahahaha!

nicolefan

he would like to join in most decision making, but usually it slows down the whole things. sometimes, I would prefer he let me do all the planning.

littleeva

you're better half should be involved in all aspects of the wedding preparation. just like mine, it was a worry-free process because i had a very organized, systematic, and friendly wedding planner...and i also had my hubby by my side. :)

gizelle

Well, men don't usually like planning, decorations, and the likes.. that's why most HTBs often leave the planning to the bride.

however, brides can make their HTBs involve in the preparation by assigning stuffs to him that is within their interest.

For example:
Since men are into cars and liquors, assign them the bridal car rent and the liquor purchases.. give them something to do that drives their interests.

whitetwist

ask his groomsmen to get involved as well.. maybe you can assign them the not-so-difficult tasks and the errands..

when he's doing it with his friends, he'll be more motivated to do the tasks.

cherrypops

we plan it together! htb takes initiative to do up the budget sheet and also remind me of what needs to be done next. :) Happy planning to all brides to be!