diamond ring

pinky

That really depends on your taste and your budget, How much are you looking to spend on a wedding ring?

Tuffnut2crac

For diamond ring, if you are particular about the diamond itself, i suggest that you go to Jewelers instead of the normal Lee Hwa, Tian Po jewelry shop. I made my engagement ring at a shop located at paragon, shop name H. Sena, you can chose from their loose diamond with the carat weight or cut you like and have them make the ring for you. I've made a cushion cut engagement ring with them and with the price I paid for my ring, I wouldn't be able to get the same carat weight with the normal Jewelry shops.

Camomile

Wow! Sounds exciting :} Thanks for the tip. Do the diamonds come with certification? Any trade-in allowed after a year?

tracylim

Hi Tuffnut2crac, how much did your ring cost? And do you know how much would it cost if the same carat weight type is bought from the normal jewellery shops like Lee Hwa etc?

Camomile, diamonds do come with certification I believe, so far those that my htb bought for me from Lee Hwa etc came with it. Not sure about trade in..

Harajuku, it really depends on which do you like more.. some ppl prefer round one due to its elegance while some prefer heart. It comes down to which you really like though I prefer the round ones :D

Tuffnut2crac

Hi Tracy,
i bought mine close to 8k, it's a 1.05 carat cushion cut diamond. if you are looking at carat weight itself, i guess it'll cost you 10k plus for the same weight. But bcos i bought a fancy cut diamond, and i already have a design in mind which i can't possibly find it else where, so going to jewellers make the most sense. You'll be getting better quality diamond dollar for dollar.

Ryan85

Hey Tuffnut, wow you got that 1.05 carat ring at a reasonable price...
Mind if i ask where did u get it? and wad's the color ad clarity?
Did u buy during sale season??
Thanks

Tuffnut2crac

Hi Ryan,
I got it from H.Sena, which is a Jeweler in Paragon lvl 1, I was told by my colleague that this Jeweler has been in the market for decades and was previously located in Raffles hotel. Their shop is just next to Watches of Switzerland if i remb correctly. on top of my mind, i can't really remb the grade, it's maybe an f or g color though. But their diamond quality is good so it looks very white. Their E color diamond at that time has quite a huge jump in terms of pricing and i'm not particularly bothered about getting an E or f/g grade diamond (the fact is I can't really tell the diff with bare eyes), so i got this one. There isn't any promotion then and according to them, diamond has an international marker price list which they'll refer to that list when they sell it, so it might be at the point when i bought mine, the market price is lower. u shud go and c for urself as before going to them, i was a skeptic myself and tot that this individual jewelry is not as trust worthy as the normal franchise jewelry shop, but i was proved wrong.
Happy shopping and hope you'll get a good deal!

annabella

Similar to tracy, i think round ones are nicer than heart ones cos they seem more elegant and classic, but yeah, personal preference takes precedence!

joly_joce

Where can I find customization of wedding rings in S'pore besides all the commercial jewellers? Looking 4 sth like Tacori etc.

Happy123

Hi xinming123,
I went to this shop in marina square last year and bought for my mum a ring as her birthday present. Inside the shop, it offers quite a wide range of design including wedding rings, pendants and customization too.
You can refer to this website for more reference. www.jddefred.com
If you are interested, i can actually accompany you down to take a look at what they have to offer plus i am a premium member, will be able to get a good price.
If you are interested can feel free to PM me.

Thanks

Camomile

Places to try...

The H shop (mentioned earlier) at Paragon. Few shops away there is this shop that begins with M. We visited both previously. They look credible to me, and certainly charge less...

On a personal note... except that I was looking out for 'something else''. I somehow feel that their casings were not to my liking, not as modern, elegant or well-crafted as I had hoped for. But I din't spend too long browsing, so perhaps my judgement is not accurate. Also, I had hoped for a triple Excellent cut certificiation, which both shops can't offer. The H shop did offer to custom make a solitaire for me though, if I can give him a hard copy of the design. Somehow, I felt uncomfortable copying the design from a retail shop so eventually, my other half-to-be bought the one I fancied from the retail shop.

Johnkhoo2601

U can check it out at meyson at bugis junction there. They r offering very reasonable price compared to other shops like sk.. I got my ring from them also. It's 0.54carat round diamond plus side diamonds also at 2.5k. It's cheaper cos I go for G color and SI1 clarity. But it's excellent cut. Its no point paying alot more for better color and clarity I think, cos u can't tell the difference. Only the cutting is worth paying for. Excellent cutting is excellent choice :) all the diamonds come with GIA cert and laser number on itself. Hope u get one that you r looking for!