Thomson Wedding Collection

strawberry

hi grace, i visited them before, they're at tanjong pagar. Fiona was the one who spoke to me, she was very accommodating and patient. i had a lot of considerations and my SO is a very detailed person, so we spent a few hours there just talking about the package haha. so far i felt better with talking to them than other boutiques, did not feel pressurized. the package they gave me is comparable to others, so i'm still considering between a few. if i sign on with them i'm hoping the service is as good as pre-sales haha! :D

bunbunb

Hi Hi, i'm also interested in Thomson's wedding package! I heard they are one of the oldest n good bridal shop in SG..is this true?
But i love their designs! probably i love blings, & lacy =)

raco

I signed up with them too.

Not really happy with their service. After the photo shoot, they will push you to buy as many photos from them charging ard $75 per photo.

My Advice: Choose what you need, don't let them push you into buying.

For BTB: If you ever sign up with any bridal store, try to have as many photos included in the package, tell them you want ard 60-75 pictures in your package and don't pay more than 3K for the whole package.

s_te_ll_a

i signed up with them too! hmmm....actually i think they're not too bad...the wedding gowns r really pretty...but they dun really have much choices out there for evening gowns and groom's suits...
hee...my coordinator's not bad...she's the tanjong pagar's branch designer...so the gowns she intro me all really nice and suit me...
Now just worried abt HTB's suit only....cos he's not standard size, quite thin...so dun have much options....=(
I also quite worried abt the photos...each pc is 75bucks...@_@...heard alot of pple top up alot...@_@ no $$....

s_te_ll_a

actually i heard alot abt the photos issue...i think its common for most bridal studios btw....most of my friends end up being pushed/persuaded into topping up....i think whether to top up a not gotta depend on your budget lor...best is to know ur budget before picking e pics n going crazy...=P

lovelynn

i have also signed up with thomson during the vivo wedding fair. my friend say i kanna 'tok' and that those freebies that they top up for me is the usual. sigh. but i really love their gowns thou.

went to another forum and saw some really good reviews. but really need to budget urself during the phototaking session

cong_09

I signed up with them too. My AD in March 2012..

anyone taken photos yet? How's the gown selection? Did anyone choose gown from both location Thomson & TP?

AderKong

To all BTBs who have not chosen your BS:

Just to share my recent experience with Thomson Wedding Tg Pagar branch 2 days ago, which made me feel that this BS is totally not dependable nor trustworthy thus alerting you girls to think twice or even thrice before you sign up with them...honestly I wouldn’t even encourage any BTB to engage them.

What happened was my sis accompanied me to recce the BS at Tg Pagar on Sunday 29 May 2011, and our last stop was Thomson Wedding. Alan Ting, the Manager who served us, was really friendly, accommodating and easygoing when he tried to sell us the package. But alas this "pseudo good impression" of him was totally shattered in 2 days...read on and you will know why....

My requirement is just a simple ROM + Indoor PS package WITHOUT a lot things such as MTM gown/dresses, night make-up, photographer on AD, groom's suit, corsages, following cars + decor, etc etc etc and my indoor PS also has very limited shots and photo items. He said he’s able do it at S$2488 but after visiting 7 BS before Thomson Wedding, I knew he could lower his quote (the lowest I could find was S$1888 but got limited and not so nice ROM dress selection), plus I wanted to consult my hubby first thus told him I will let him know again. But he kept urging me to sign up on the spot and even lowered his price to S$2288 to "seduce" me into signing there & then. He said he's only 1 deal away from hitting his quota for additional commission for May 2011 hence he proposed that I call him on Tue, 31 May morning to confirm the deal and he will speak to his boss to lower another S$200 or even more and he even assured I can safely tell my hubby the package is S$2000 or less!

So after speaking to my hubby, we decided to sign up with him thus I stopped to recce any more BS and called Alan on Tue morning to confirm the deal. As I need to work late, I told him I will be there only around 8pm. He was delighted & promised to wait for me. Who knows, shortly after lunch around 3+pm, he sms to say he is not able to lower the quote by another S$200 and not only that, he needs to raise the quote to the original price S$2488! And asked me to go down if I am still keen to engage them! I was so appalled at how quick he can go back on his promise! I replied his sms that I have already told my hubby the package is S$2K and more importantly he should honour his promise and verbal offer. He did not reply….

I bet he must have signed his last deal for the quota after my call thus he bo-chap anymore to get my business. Probably to him I was just a super ikan bilis that he wouldn’t even want to patronize if it’s not for that “last deal for quota” L Anyway, I was pissed & disappointed initially but after cooled down, I think it’s a blessing in disguise ‘cos cannot imagine how the service will be if he’s so unscrupulous, irresponsible, dishonest and lack of (or rather totally no) integrity at all…

Just wish to share as a warning to all of you girls out there who are considering Thomson Wedding to think carefully 'cos integrity of a BS is very important, otherwise you risk not having your promised items honoured is one thing, you will get all frustrated, cheated & unhappy thru'out the whole process with below satisfaction outcome...

Aprillier

A reminder for those who signed with Thomson wedding please do visit both outlets ( tanjong pagar & upper Thomson ) when sour ing for gowns!

atomicplonk

they are rather pushy in their sales and will get as many people to persuade you to take their package. their package is lower in price initially but with hidden costs.