French Wedding

jelly

hi kiatxin, i will be doing the indoor and outdoor shoot in the same day. the standard practice is to have it on the same day, im not sure if they will do it on two separate days if you asked. i wouldnt be surprised if they do (and request additional charges) since you will have to do ur makeup twice, and the photog has to come down twice...

guess the control of timing is very important -i saw it in a forum (not sure if it is French Bridal or some other bridal boutiques) that one btb took like 7hrs in the indoor shoot and had onli 2+ hrs before sunset. im scheduled to do my makeup at 9.30, so im assuming by the time im done it will be almost 11 alrd. im aiming to finish the indoor shoot by 2pm, and then spend 2hrs each at two location before travelling to the third for sunset shoot. not sure if this is workable though, anyone can share their photoshoot schedule? thanks!

kiatxin171006

Hi Cheryl & Jelly! I had scheduled my PS into 2 days & it will be in Aug.. Yup I did get to know that the btb spent more than half a day indoor & only a few hrs left for outdoor whereby the sky is already getting dark. Jelly, when is ur PS? I doesn't know if I could manage to finish everything like what u had mentioned in 1 day.. Was quite worried over this issue..

Cheryl Ee

Kiatxin, do u need to pay extra for scheduling ur PS in 2 days? Have u tried ur gown yet? How long u need to call the BS before u go down for trying up the gown?

Cheryl Ee

Today, i called FB, i got a shocked when they told me that the person who sold the package to me together with her assistant seldom go back to their BS. Most importantly, when i signed up the package with them, the sales person said, i can call their hotline to look for her or her assistant, as and when i think of any questions wanted to find out from them. Ridiculously, the person who answer the phone, said she will "TRY" to get the sales person call me back within 1 WEEK???!? did u all have these problem? I seriously don;'t like this feeling, where, when u signed up the package, she was like try to make u comfort and feel secure that, whatever she promise you, will be delivered to you when you visit their BS. Enlighten me please.

kiatxin171006

Kiatxin, do u need to pay extra for scheduling ur PS in 2 days? Have u tried ur gown yet? How long u need to call the BS before u go down for trying up the gown?
Hi Cheryl! Yup! I have to top up another $300 for separating into 2 days. Nope, I'll be going down in July. I had called them up about 7 till 8 mths earlier before I go down to the studio.^^

Cheryl Ee

Hi Cheryl! Yup! I have to top up another $300 for separating into 2 days. Nope, I'll be going down in July. I had called them up about 7 till 8 mths earlier before I go down to the studio.^^
Oh? May I know, the person who arrange for you from gown trying until taking PS, is it the one who sell u the package? I headic now, my sales person went missing..I called FB to ask bout ur question on the 2 days PS, they quoted me 350-400!!!! =.=" may i know, who quoted that price to u?

Cheryl Ee

Kiatxin, mean before u go down to try your gown, u have already arrange with them 7-8 months ago? On the day u try u gown, are u trying the MUA skill as well?

jelly

Hi Cheryl,

the person whom i signed the package with isnt the same person helping me coordinate the gown selection, booking of MUA etc. if im not wrong, some of the sales ppl will be in charge of photos, some in charge of gown (eg: designer Paulson will be there selling pkg as well from what i can gather in this forum). mine was in charge of photos (or so she told me). guess thats why when i went, she didnt help me w the gown selection and stuff. but she is definitely still in the shop, and ive seen her around for both the times that i was there. the same gown selection girl also booked my make up trial, and photoshoot slot for me.

for the trying on of gowns, you can just call them about 1mth-ish in advance to book and appt, and tell them u want to do a gown selection. (there's no need to arrange so many mths in advance). for wkend slots which are more popular, u will need about 1mth-ish, but i think u are able to get wkday slots pretty quickly once u call and make an appt. on the day of gown selection, you wont be trying the MUA skill. i take it as you have a makeup trial included in your pkg; i think you can request for it to be on the same day if you want -but honestly, gown selection is SO tiring, not sure if u want to do the make up trial on the same day.

ya Kiatxin, now that i think about it, i am kinda worried about not being able to get good light for the photoshoot. i will be going down in early may for my makeup trial, maybe i will ask them about pushing the makeup (on photoshoot day) earlier, so i can get more day time.

kiatxin171006

Hi Cheryl! My coordinator is Jane & mostly is her assistant who help me with the booking of MUA, slot of gown selection, etc, although she only stationed at FB during weekend, I can said that she is responsible for all my things,*how about u? I forgotten who quoted me that price, sorry for this. Yup! I had already arranged with them during Jan before CNY for most of the things as my AD is in Dec whereby quite a lot of couples are having their wedding in Dec as well, therefore FB told me to make the booking earlier to avoid disappointment. I will not be having the trial makeup on the day I choose & try my gown. I will only try it when my chosen gowns are ready for PS (after the necessary altering). Becoz I feel that only when the chosen gowns are ready then u will have an rough idea of what kind of makeup do u want to have so as to look gd with ur gowns on.

Yup! Jelly, that's the main concern I'm having. Therefore my HTB decided to have the PS in 2 days instead of 1 day, so that the photographer cam capture the special moments that we wanted, especially for outdoor part.:)

Cheryl Ee

Hi Jelly/ Kiatxin, may I know who coordinate for ur gown selection and make all arrangement for you? I wanted to call and arrange for PS maybe in Jul/Aug.

Cheryl Ee

Seriously, I dunno who should I liaise with now..I was trying very hard to reach my sales person, I still cannot get her as at now, today is already 2nd day. She haven't return a call to me yet. I wanted to arrange for gown selection and to check with her on other queries I have now..not possible I just call the shop right? End up they anyhow quote me a price like yesterday on the 2 days PS instead of 1 day, the woman who answer the called quoted me 350-400, where @kiatxin u got a quote for 300?...=.="

jelly

Hi Cheryl,

actually u dont have to wait til u get the sales person before u can make an appt to go down and do the selection. what i did was i called, and told whoever picked up my call my invoice number, then arranged for a time to go down for the selection. i had no idea if the person i spoke to was the lady whom i got the pkg from.

then when i went down, told them the invoice number agn, then the lady that helped me change into/out of the gowns became the person that is helping me w the coordination alrd. and i had to change the date of the photoshoot so this time when i called FB, i looked for the same person

kiatxin171006

Hi Cheryl, yup, agreed with Jelly. Actually u dun really have to search for the person who offered u the package to arrange all this. I also did the same thing as what Jelly had mentioned above. I just call & tell them what I wanna to do, follow by my invoice number & they will do the necessary actions for me. Just like that day when I called to enquire about separating the PS into 2 days, I did the same as well, just call, asked & confirmed it with my invoice number.

bloopbloop

Mua

You can try regine. I didn't like her her
Trial make up. Makes me look mature thou maybe I was not used to It. But my photoshoot make up was splendid!! Hair too! Love the Hair she did for me That suit the Kua. Only my eyes area coz of my dry eye and dark circles , therefore can see lines etc.

bloopbloop

Things to take note for photoshoot is if I rem correctly, if we choose to postpone it on the day due to rain. We need to pay 100 dollars for arrangment that has been made such as car etc

I am going to feedback to them
Soon that they should not because we can't
Predict the weather and charged us Based on our decision to postpone based on weather. As I believe we all want to try outdoor shoot so defintely we will not want to postpone. But we have to due to rain.

We were in a dilemma as when we were preparing for outdoor, grey skies appeared etc and we have to decide to postpone or take the risk to go ahead or alternative like hotel