2015 Brides !

CharYan

Hi lynettetham, I'm a 2015 Catholic bride too! Having mine in June 2015 . . .wedding mass at St. Francis Xavier Church followed by luncheon at Goodwood Park Hotel.
So exciting! :)

Our ceremony will be at Risen Christ Church followed by dinner at Concorde Hotel! :)

We got ExpressOh Photography for Photography and videography and engaged Four Seasons for our lunch buffet

We have also booked bridal package with Beautiful Love :)

Starting to get really excited! :D

zh3n

Hi! 2015 BTB too! I'll be holding ROM 6 mths prior to AD lunch in Nov. Guess I'm still early? :) Have bought my photo package but still sourcing for hotel. Now headache whether to choose Hilton or Regent. Both ard the same price and ard the same location! Any recommendation pls?

daphn3t

I'm shortlisting Hilton as well. Not much reviews on food & experience here though.

Which room for Hilton? I recently attended a friend's wedding at Hilton, the room is on the top floor next to the pool... didn't really like the layout because the stage is at one end and you can't hear very clearly at the other end. Seems like the people in front are enjoying themselves only.

Food wise... wasn't very good too... the servers didn't even ask if we were done with the food before clearing the dishes!

zh3n

Oh dear, food really that bad ah? The one I went to see was the grand ballroom at Level 3. From the last row to the stage still ok. Just that the last row look kind of left out cos there's a wide space for the L shape march in right in front of the last row (if u know what I mean).

sunflora

Hi!! Maybe you can check out the promotions page!! http://www.perfectweddings.sg/events-and-promotions/ There are some really good deals haha. As for the local/overseas shoot, I think maybe you might wanna weigh the pros and cons? Overseas shoots allow you more room for exploration of different environments as compared to the same old boring places in SG. But it's more expensive like dancingqueen said! Local shoots can be fun and experimental too and you're more familiar with the environment which might put you more at ease when shooting :) Congrats and good luck for your preparations!! :D

Ohlz

Hey 2015 brides :),
I am holding my solemnization 17 jan 2015, headache looking for a venue. Any recommendation ,prefer function room as I got a big group .... Hehehhehe

Ladyj

Hello ladies~ 2015 btb here too :)

For those who are asking if Hilton or Regent is better, i cannot comment on Hilton since i havent been there but my htb went to regent for a wedding early this. The experience was rather pleasant, and food was decent. But again, it will be better if you ladies attend their wedding show.etc to find out more!

My AD is Nov 6 and i guess, start planning early is good. Perhaps i could update my planning process here so if it manages to help anybody somehow, its good too! Many of my frens are getting married (with a sista married 2yrs ago) so i have lots of help too.

My planning process so far:
1) know your AD and tentative no.of tables (pax) first. You will need this to book your hotel and hotel booking is preferred to be done asap otherwise your preferred hotel choice might get book! - done!
2) attending bridal show, wedding shows to get a 'feel' of what you gonna get if you book this hotel, the kind of services you will receive - done and WIP!
3) liaising with numerous hotels for their wedding packages and arrange for 1st non-obligated meetups - WIP
4) liaising with different pre & AD services e.g. AD photography & videography, bridal studio.etc - WIP

Everyone is telling me to enjoy the planning process, and i'm gonna do that. Enjoy ur planning process, 2015 btbs! :)

jeri060708

Hello! I'm 2015 b-t-b too! Congrats to all BTB! I have just booked a package with Cang Ai for photoshoot in Taiwan (Kaoshiung). Anyone has good/ bad feedbacks please?

zh3n

Hello ladies~ 2015 btb here too :)

For those who are asking if Hilton or Regent is better, i cannot comment on Hilton since i havent been there but my htb went to regent for a wedding early this. The experience was rather pleasant, and food was decent. But again, it will be better if you ladies attend their wedding show.etc to find out more!

My AD is Nov 6 and i guess, start planning early is good. Perhaps i could update my planning process here so if it manages to help anybody somehow, its good too! Many of my frens are getting married (with a sista married 2yrs ago) so i have lots of help too.

My planning process so far:
1) know your AD and tentative no.of tables (pax) first. You will need this to book your hotel and hotel booking is preferred to be done asap otherwise your preferred hotel choice might get book! - done!
2) attending bridal show, wedding shows to get a 'feel' of what you gonna get if you book this hotel, the kind of services you will receive - done and WIP!
3) liaising with numerous hotels for their wedding packages and arrange for 1st non-obligated meetups - WIP
4) liaising with different pre & AD services e.g. AD photography & videography, bridal studio.etc - WIP

Everyone is telling me to enjoy the planning process, and i'm gonna do that. Enjoy ur planning process, 2015 btbs! :)

Thanks for sharing your planning process @Ladyj ! My AD also in Nov'15 and BS & hotel both confirmed. But I have friends also holding their wedding next year (which will clash with my AD within +-100 days). Quite sad that I cannot attend their big day, since i've calculated the auspicious date and i'm quite "ban tang". =( Should I 100% believe it? Hmm....

Candilious

Hey 2015 brides :),
I am holding my solemnization 17 jan 2015, headache looking for a venue. Any recommendation ,prefer function room as I got a big group .... Hehehhehe

Ohlz, ^5! my solemnisation is in Jan and am having headaches to put venue and things in place.

Have you sign any BS packages and caterers yet?