Credit Cards for Wedding Payments

y2kwhitelove

Kris Flyer Points

Hi all,
I am new here. Anyone know how the Kris Flyer pionts work? Like need how many points to change for airtickets. Like for Amex credit card, they have a card can earns point as Kris Flyer points but for other credit card need to change to Kris Flyer points will have to charge administrative fees. I totally no idea of how it work?

summerrain

Hi BTBs,
I've introduced a few of my frens to manhattan card. Manhattan card is esp good for big purchase items like banquet payment, bridal, house renovation etc. if you can arrange for staggered payment, spend $4k spending in a qtr, u will rec $200 cashback. This one no gimmicks cos I've benefitted from it. Sometimes Scb got promo like guaranteed gift if u spend $3k that mth.

Another savings ac is bonus savers. U will earn 1.88% int pa on ur savings (cap at $25k) ie abt $40 if u charge $500 mthly to ur bonus savers. If u do not spend $500, int will b lower tier which is also gd cos it's still one of e best in mkt.

From now till 31jul, can enjoy $180 cashback on both cards upon sign-up. If you are interested, can contact my RM Andy at 97984624.

Hope this helps.

nexusangel

Hi BTBs,
I've introduced a few of my frens to manhattan card. Manhattan card is esp good for big purchase items like banquet payment, bridal, house renovation etc. if you can arrange for staggered payment, spend $4k spending in a qtr, u will rec $200 cashback. This one no gimmicks cos I've benefitted from it. Sometimes Scb got promo like guaranteed gift if u spend $3k that mth.

Another savings ac is bonus savers. U will earn 1.88% int pa on ur savings (cap at $25k) ie abt $40 if u charge $500 mthly to ur bonus savers. If u do not spend $500, int will b lower tier which is also gd cos it's still one of e best in mkt.

From now till 31jul, can enjoy $180 cashback on both cards upon sign-up. If you are interested, can contact my RM Andy at 97984624.

Hope this helps.

What's the T&Cs for staggered payment? Can be done for any merchant/hotel?

summerrain

You can make arrangement with your hotel to pay on quarterly basis so can max out cashback benefit. It's $200 cashback/ card/ qtr.

ZSW

i was doing a research this morning and i found the best card that gives the most value for $ rewards is actually amex platinum or rewards card. problem is we have to pay for annual fee of $300 and $50 respectively.
other than that, the next best would be UOB Signature cos its 2x uni$. But you have to spend $5 to get 2 Uni$. Where as amex is $1 spent = 1 reward point and for the platinum, if you shop at ion orchard on weekends at some participating outlets, you get 10 points for $1.
for rewards card, if you spend $500/month for 1st 3 months, they give free 24,000 points.. it's super attractive if not for the annual fee..

pdory

possible to pay using more than 1 credit card?

I thinking of using more than 1 card... so hubby, sibling all use their card to pay. Possible?

ZSW

yup you shd b able to do that. we are also paying by multiple cards. we want to earn the kris flyer miles so we doing a pre-payment with 2 amex cards. and cos our banquet was booked under uob card promo, our final payment will be by UOB card. if reach the cap, then will use another card to pay the rest. so in total about 3-4 cards

juxstapose

Quarterly for the cash rebate depends on your date of statement. For instance, your statement is dated 22 July, the first month will be 23 Jul to 22 Aug, 2nd month will be 23 Aug to 22 Sep and 3rd month will be 23 Sep to 22 Oct. Spending within these 3 months should be kept at $4000 for the max $200 rebates, spending more than that doesn't give you any points, etc.

Do remember that the range of :
$1 - $999 @ 0.5%
$1,000 - $2,999 @ 1%
$3,000 and above @ 5%
is per MONTHLY only. Meaning if you spend $1k on the first month, $3k on the 2nd month and nothing on the 3rd month, the total rebate will only be:

$1000 x 1 % = $10
$3000 x 5% = $150

In this case, you will have to spend more to hit the $200 maximum rebate. Hope it is clear and helpful. :)

Hi,

just to clarify on the above, to get the max rebate each quarter with the min spending, the $4k must be done at one shot & not split up across the 3 mths of the qtr like in the example above?

thanks!

juxstapose

Just to confirm, the Shanchart card that gives you 5% rebate it the 'MANHATTAN World MasterCard'?

Which is the 2nd best card to take since we can apply for 2 cards to get $80 rebate each?

Thanks!

xiaomayi

Hi, now that manhattan has changed their cashback policies, anyone know what other credit cards to use to get best cash back or rewards?

shootingstar18

How has the cashback policy for the Mahanttan card changed? Can anyone advise me?
Also, is it still the best credit card to use i.e. most worth it of all ?
Hotels allow instalment payment and not say 3-5k deposit and then the remaining sum to be paid on the AD or day of the check out of hotel?

missvictoria

Not really sure if credit card payment is better. maybe if you're left with no other ways to pay for wedding. That would be useful